Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Mitigations by state

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mitigations by state
    Posted: December 08 2021 at 9:43am

For what it's worth, I'm in New Mexico where we have a mask mandate. Yet, it's not completely enforced. Most national companies (think drugstores, large retail chains) have been told by corporate not to refuse entry or service to customers without masks. Even in pharmacies - people don't get confronted if not wearing a mask.  

And tourists routinely ignore the mask mandate.

So it's pretty much up to each business to enforce - and only a small percentage are holding firm on it. And our numbers reflect it.

Still better than being in a state with no mask mandate - because I know if I chose to I could address someone not wearing a mask and tell them it's mandated.    And, the fewer people spewing their germs into the air the better. So even if it's not 100%, it's tons better than nothing. 

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 4:27pm
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2021 at 4:23pm

That chart was on Twitter and unfortunately I only copied the image not the link. I tried to scroll back but I couldn’t find it. The way states are moving away from doing anything to protect their citizens I doubt that the list has improved at all.

Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2021 at 7:58am

Pixie,

Which week is the chart for?  

It is very depressing.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2021 at 2:25pm

Very little mitigation efforts.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic