Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Media mandatory VAXX poll goes awry gets deleted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Media mandatory VAXX poll goes awry gets deleted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Media mandatory VAXX poll goes awry gets deleted
    Posted: December 09 2021 at 5:50am

Ok,  So I got triple shot, two shots and the booster.  I still do practice precautions.  I still am in my bubble.  Got the indoor shooting range set up.  Lots of shooting done.  I think something fishy is going on here.  

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2021 at 11:40pm

[url]https://nltimes.nl/2021/12/08/wide-divisions-support-level-mandatory-covid-vaccines[/url] or https://nltimes.nl/2021/12/08/wide-divisions-support-level-mandatory-covid-vaccines

In the Netherlands, an estimated 36 percent of the population is in favor of mandatory vaccination against Covid-19. About 43 percent of people are against it, concluded I&O Research in a study commissioned by NOS.

There was a great deal of division among those who are fully vaccinated. Roughly 41 percent of them agree with a mandate, but also 36 percent are against it.

The statement posed in a survey was, "Those who have not yet been vaccinated should be obliged to be vaccinated." Some 60 percent of young people disagreed with the statement, and 58 percent of the over-65 population agreed.

When broken down by political preference, 55 percent of CDA voters were in favor of compulsory vaccination. That makes the party the only one to support a vaccine order. 

The survey took place from December 3 to 6. A total of 2,053 adult residents of the country made up the representative sample

DJ There have been mandatory vaccines in the past...main difference with those vaccines was they did stop a disease. Also for travel some countries want people vaccinated against some diseases. 

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy#Goals[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy#Goals

Vaccination policies aim to produce immunity to preventable diseases. Besides individual protection from getting ill, some vaccination policies also aim to provide the community as a whole with herd immunity. Herd immunity refers to the idea that the pathogen will have trouble spreading when a significant part of the population has immunity against it. This protects those unable to get the vaccine due to medical conditions, such as immune disorders.[2] However, for herd immunity to be effective in a population, a majority of those who are vaccine-eligible must be vaccinated.[3]

Vaccine-preventable diseases remain a common cause of childhood mortality with an estimated three million deaths each year.[5] Each year, vaccination prevents between two and three million deaths worldwide, across all age groups, from diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and measles.[6]

With some vaccines, a goal of vaccination policies is to eradicate the disease – disappear it from Earth altogether. The World Health Organization (WHO) coordinated the effort to eradicate smallpox globally through vaccination, the last naturally occurring case of smallpox was in Somalia in 1977.[7] Endemic measlesmumps and rubella have been eliminated through vaccination in Finland.[8] On 14 October 2010, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization declared that rinderpest had been eradicated.[9] The WHO is currently working to eradicate polio,[10] which was eliminated in Africa in August 2020 and remained only in Pakistan and Afghanistan at the time.[11]

Individuals will attempt to minimize the risk of illness, and may seek vaccination for themselves or their children if they perceive a high threat of disease and a low risk to vaccination.[12] However, if a vaccination program successfully reduces the disease threat, it may reduce the perceived risk of disease enough so that an individual's optimal strategy is to encourage everyone but their family to be vaccinated, or (more generally) to refuse vaccination once vaccination rates reach a certain level, even if this level is below that optimal for the community.[13][14] For example, a 2003 study found that a bioterrorist attack using smallpox would result in conditions where voluntary vaccination would be unlikely to reach the optimum level for the U.S. as a whole,[15] and a 2007 study found that severe influenza epidemics cannot be prevented by voluntary vaccination without offering certain incentives.[16]

Governments often allow exemptions to mandatory vaccinations for religious or philosophical reasons, but decreased rates of vaccination may cause loss of herd immunity, substantially increasing risks even to vaccinated individuals.[17] However, mandatory vaccination policies raise ethical issues regarding parental rights and informed consent.[18]

Fractional dose vaccination is a strategy that trades societal benefit for individual vaccine efficacy,[19] has proven to be effective in randomized trials in poverty diseases,[20][21] and in epidemiologic models[22] holds a significant potential for shortening the Covid-19 pandemic when vaccine supply is limited.[19]

DJ Vaccines go with a vaccination plan, a strategy....If there is not a realistic plan, strategy vaccines may make matters worse [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibody-dependent_enhancement#Mechanism[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibody-dependent_enhancement#Mechanism ; Interaction of a virus with antibodies must prevent the virus from attaching to the host cell entry receptors. However, instead of preventing infection of the host cell, this process can facilitate viral infection of immune cells, causing ADE.[1][4] After binding the virus, the antibody interacts with Fc or complement receptors expressed on certain immune cells. These receptors promote virus-antibody internalization by the immune cells, which should be followed by the virus destruction. However, the virus might escape the antibody complex and start its replication cycle inside the immune cell avoiding the degradation.[4][25] This happens if the virus is bound to a low-affinity antibody.

DJ How you will not end up with ADE when using leaky vaccines on a massive global scale with a virus that keeps mutating is beyond me...

PS. I am fully vaccinated, willing to accept a booster vaccine if it gets offered...vaccines still do protect against severe disease...But the vaccination STRATEGY is a total disaster (and vaccines - vaccine strategy are two differnt things !)

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2021 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Wow. I saw that Boris Johnson has hinted at mandatory vaccinations. Good luck with that! I don't think the British will be pushed around. They're a fairly ballsy lot. Boris is totally overreacting.

He's not the only one.

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2021 at 8:45pm

Wow. I saw that Boris Johnson has hinted at mandatory vaccinations. Good luck with that! I don't think the British will be pushed around. They're a fairly ballsy lot. Boris is totally overreacting.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2021 at 4:52pm
"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic