Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VT college goes remote due to covid. 99%+vaxxed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

VT college goes remote due to covid. 99%+vaxxed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VT college goes remote due to covid. 99%+vaxxed
    Posted: December 12 2021 at 11:00am

Dear Middlebury Community,

In this email we will address:

• COVID-19 on Campus and Move to Remote Instruction

• Early Departure from Campus

• New Protocols Effective Friday, December 10

• Testing Information 

COVID-19 on Campus and Move to Remote Instruction

As of 5:30 p.m. today, we received confirmation of 34 new cases of COVID-19 on campus, for a total of 49 active student cases and one active employee case. Contact tracing is underway, and anyone who is determined to be a close contact will be informed. Please note that we are still receiving results from tests taken earlier this week, and we will keep you informed about any further changes as they become necessary. We will update the COVID-19 reporting dashboard with this new information on Friday.

While many of the new cases we have identified appear to be connected, occurring in clusters among people who socialize together, an increase in the prevalence of COVID-19 increases the likelihood of broader community transmission. Given the timing of this increase, coinciding with the end of the fall semester and imminent student departures, we have decided to move immediately to remote instruction and postpone in-person events. This includes classes that meet on Friday, December 10, final exams, and all formal and informal events, including athletics competitions and performing arts.   

With more than 99 percent of students fully vaccinated and many already receiving booster doses, the risk of adverse health outcomes from the Delta variant is low. Rising student cases that require isolation, ongoing transmission, and the few days remaining in the semester warrant the change to remote instruction.

https://www.middlebury.edu/office/covid-19-updates/announcements/important-remote-instruction-new-dining-and-event-protocols

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2021 at 1:27pm

This doesn't bode well for the officially pushed narrative of "this is a pandemic of the unvaxxed"

A virtually 100% vaxxed college shutting down due to a covid outbreak doesn't really convey any trust in the vaxx to prevent serious or negative outcomes. Or transmission for that matter obviously. The missing piece of the puzzle is, which variant it is affecting this college?

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2021 at 10:45am

Originally posted by A-I A-I wrote:

This doesn't bode well for the officially pushed narrative of "this is a pandemic of the unvaxxed"

A virtually 100% vaxxed college shutting down due to a covid outbreak doesn't really convey any trust in the vaxx to prevent serious or negative outcomes. Or transmission for that matter obviously. The missing piece of the puzzle is, which variant it is affecting this college?

I cringe every time I hear those words. At this point it's clear vaxxed are getting it and spreading it. Thank goodness for one school doing the smart thing.

And yes, knowing the variant seems pretty important! 

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2021 at 11:49am

Originally posted by A-I A-I wrote:

They are asking for all students on campus here to be vaccinated too. I guess the only problem with going to online studies is that certain subjects will have to be abandoned because they can't be done online. One of my children is due to start uni next year but the course involves a lot of lab work and we're just debating whether to defer for a year  because lab work has to be done in a laboratory. It a tough time for young people right now.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic