Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Omicron or cold,what's the difference....???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Omicron or cold,what's the difference....???
    Posted: December 17 2021 at 1:30pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 3:21pm

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 5:06am

Love that post AI!

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 11:43am

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 12:58pm

I guess the big difference is ,

800,000 Americans have died from covid ,

Don't think that many from the common cold!!??!!!

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰πŸ’‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 3:15pm

This thread is about Omnicron isn't it? I know of no deaths attributed to Omnicron in the US to date. And surveys of waste water throughout the US show it's most likely been here a fair while longer than Nov 26th when it was first announced. It would have had to have been to be so prevalent in those waste water surveys taken. It's hiding in the billion common colds estimated in the US per year. And if we can't tell the difference that's a good thing. It can just join the ranks of over 200 other common cold viruses.

Meanwhile the reports out of SA are it's still milder than delta by a considerable amount and that's a positive thing. And lets hope that positive trend continues.

But let's all keep our guard up and stop misinformation like the kind Bidum spread just the other day on national TV stating "get vaccinated so you don't spread the disease to anyone else" which following the science shows is false and misinformation as the vaxxed can and do spread covid. Funny thing is he was saying the same things in late July. And he's still at the misinformation game despite CDC briefings. No wonder people don't know what to believe.

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 4:04pm

The thread is about covid19 omicron variant,

If you don't recognise the symptoms you could end up very sick.......

Your assuming that omicron is harmless when governments all over Europe are About to Lockdown again,

650,000, people had booster shots in the UK the other day 650,000 in a day......

25million already boosted.....

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/25m-boosters-in-uk-as-public-urged-to-get-boosted-now

Marcus Aurelius
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 4:24pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Your assuming that omicron is harmless when governments all over Europe are About to Lockdown again,

650,000, people had booster shots in the UK the other day 650,000 in a day......

25million already boosted.....

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/25m-boosters-in-uk-as-public-urged-to-get-boosted-now

Well it'll be interesting in a month or two to see how that all plays out in the vaxxed case outcomes in the UK covid data as well as the adverse event reporting system. So South Africa is lying about it being milder huh?

Littlesmile View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 2:35am

Maybe it didn't come from South Africa?? And they are at a different stage?? 

:-)
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 1:21pm

Unlike you AI I have a completely open mind on this virus,

I don't know how anyone can say anything definitive about how this is going to go,

Covid could mutate into a mild or an even bigger threat than it already is,

Then there's another pandemic just around the corner,

All cards are on the table , mankind is in big trouble......

I just find it all very interesting,

Not stressing at all ,too busy to stress,

Flat out at work and grandkids keep me on the run.....

To be honest , everyone here is  that busy ,we don't want to open up our borders without some control,

We have a labour shortage here, paying wait staff $55 an hour I believe,

We haven't been affected very much at all by this pandemic,

I feel very sorry for those who have,

P.S Africa hasn't really been affected at all by covid have they ?!!

governments do have a vested interest in not coming Clean.....don't know why!!!!!!

Marcus Aurelius
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 2:54pm

Unlike you AI I have a completely open mind on this virus,

Only in CLOWN WORLD would being positive and looking at the positives be construed as not being open minded.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 3:19pm

Why do you post such childish things,is it an American thing ,?? Or just you ? how old are you ???3/5 yrs.... Or did you have some sort of accident as a child.....

Sad little boy......

Marcus Aurelius
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 3:31pm

Why do you have to post such childish things ,is it an American thing

Well I decided to go with the least harsh reply and added some levity while conveying the overall message and sentiment. Entirely appropriate for you.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 1:39am

The only things you ever  seem positive about are ,"snake oil" remedies......

Must be the water were you live......

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 1:55am

Here's some realistic news for you as you seem to live in la la land.....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 5:48am

For those of you that do not think Omnicron is a big deal, then why are you here posting?  Why be here at all?  To just post on other peoples posts?  That seems odd.  Just curious.  If I wasn't concerned about the virus and wanting to chat with people around the world on it, then I wouldn't be on here.  But I am worried so I am on here.  So I don't get it.

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 3:51pm

The only things you ever  seem positive about are ,"snake oil" remedies......

Must be the water were you live......

As opposed to ZERO positive anything posted from the sad negative media circus clown.

Very weak deflecting on your part might I add, everyone knows you are just a positive ray of sunshine right.  

A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 4:06pm

So I guess that's the most negative things you could find in the negative media big top huh Carbonco.

Given hospitalisation trends in the West, we may not see extreme pressures on hospitals as during second wave, say experts

The daily new cases in South Africa, Denmark, Norway and the UK — countries with the largest documented omicron burdens — have exceeded their pandemic records. But hospitalisation and deaths appear relatively low, health officials and experts have said.South Africa has over the past week recorded an average 30 daily deaths compared with the over 370 daily deaths during the peak of its delta-driven wave in July, and over 500 during the peak of its beta-driven wave in January.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/india/omicron-india-eye-on-south-africa-north-america-to-gauge-bed-needs/cid/1843931

Doctor treating Omicron in South Africa: 'We are over the curve'

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/12/20/south-african-doctor-omicron-coronavirus-cases-decline-newday-vpx.cnn

In South Africa, we’ve seen a delinking of cases from hospital admissions. With the delta variant, the hospitalization rate links closely to the case rate. When we look at the omicron surge, we have more cases compared to hospital admissions. In South Africa, there are fewer hospital admissions, fewer deaths, and ICUs are under control. 

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/omicron-in-south-africa-the-latest-news

All of those are dated 12/20 so the latest news.

A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 4:12pm

Originally posted by roni3470 roni3470 wrote:

For those of you that do not think Omnicron is a big deal, then why are you here posting?  Why be here at all?  To just post on other peoples posts?  That seems odd.  Just curious.  If I wasn't concerned about the virus and wanting to chat with people around the world on it, then I wouldn't be on here.  But I am worried so I am on here.  So I don't get it.

A balanced perspective with all points of view is good thing on a discussion forum. We don't really want a hive mentality now do we?

A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2021 at 4:25pm

Straight from the

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic