Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update
    Posted: January 02 2022 at 7:51am

Hospital is filling up with Covid patients.  Vicki and I have been moved to another unit.  Pissed as hell about it.  Patients in the hallways and in the conference rooms.  I am keeping an eye on Vicki's oxygen tanks.  Twice, people tried to steal her tanks.  I went to my backpack and got my C 96 out and the idiots freaked,  dropped everything and ran.  I knew Houston was a gateway to hell but this is truly third world.  I had the staff lock us in our room.  The second time some asshat got a security key and tried to steal her oxygen tanks again.  He stepped on a tray that I used as a  alarm.  He was dressed in hospital uniform.  He was large and very aggressive.  i pointed the C 96 at him and gave him three seconds to leave the room.  The security staff is incompetent as fuck.  He bolted from the room.  Called the doctor on duty and he was angry as I was.   He told me that he would move us back to ICU.  which he did.  Called Jill and Becky and they are taking over care from the ICU staff.   We are going to be out of here on the 7th anyway.  

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 10:22am

Oh my goodness! That read like some sort of crime novel....I just can not believe that people will go to such lengths...super crazy!  Good to hear you will be out of there soon, I hope that means you are both getting better every day. My brother lives in Dallas and has Covid now - he got it on a cruise he took over Christmas- which was to me, the stupidest thing to do ever. Hugs!!

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 12:01pm

We got a few cruise ship people here.  It's the most idiotic thing I have ever seen.  The security chief came over and is going to have police over to take statements.  He found the asshat and the idiots.  They are part of a crew that steals medical equipment and ships it to south america.  I was told that I was the only patient that stopped the idiots from stealing the equipment. 

Shady View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 2:32pm

That does all sound crazy , I would be careful on discharging a firearm in a potentially oxygen enriched room , but would guess the crooks would be too stupid to even think about that!!!!

Hope you are both soon out of that environment  and hopefully soon not needing the oxygen.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 7:30pm

Praying for you and sending all positivity and hopes for your speedy recovery, ME!

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 8:21pm

Having lived in Houston for many years  with friends that work at downtown hospitals and close friends on the Houston police force  I am very surprised you are allowed to conceal carry or open carry??

https://txhga.org/texas-ltc-information/where-can-you-carry/

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 8:29pm

I used to work for DOJ so they allowed me to have a federal carry permit.  I can carry a gun where I want except when a federal statute says so.  I have permission of the security office and my gun is a curio or relic gun.   Not what the average criminal expects to see when confronted in  a hospital.  

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 5:57am

We are getting out of the hospital today !!!!

Home to rural Kansas .....

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 7:47am

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! 

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 8:00am

So glad for you take care and safe home...though somehow I think you will manage just fine.   

Hzx

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 9:35am

ME163 your [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96 is a museumpiece...good it saved the oxygen....Hope you will get better soon !

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2022 at 11:19am

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

I knew you would, ME, cheers!  Sending all good thoughts and prayers!

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic