Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

WHO calls this the "mother of all clusters"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO calls this the "mother of all clusters"
    Posted: May 24 2006 at 6:08am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 6:14am
In the same article: At the same time, a spokesman for the Western Pacific region of WHO says the Indonesian cluster is still being viewed as a limited transmission among family members. Though rare, such incidents have been documented. There also is no indication anyone outside the family was infected.

WHO spokesman should know better than use hyperbole.

This spokesman may have been the "rent a cop at the gate"
Proudest Monkey View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proudest Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 7:17am

OK, I am starting to get concerned about all of this; and I am a fairly happy-go-lucky kind of person. However, I am not going to panic yet. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 7:39am
"Tests on dead poultry found outside the village aren't in yet."

They already know that the virus in the birds is different than the virus in humans.  That was documented by the US Naval Lab that Indonesia promptly kicked out of the country a third of a year ago because they announced it to the world.  That was a "State Secret" and the Australian doctor who made that announcement is persona non grata in Indonesia.

They are playing insane games with documented information down there, and not one American politician is brave enough to step forward and call a spade a spade.  Hang them all! Cowards!

The US is going along with this ruse and covering up the actual situation throughout asia.  The sequences are not being released.  Coverup, Coverup Coverup!  And it continues.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 7:43am
Joe - complete agreement here.

While all of the political games continue and time is wasted on coverup stories, time keeps right on ticking and running out for the majority to realize there is a genuine threat.

Why does it seem that people in positions of authority usually lack common sense?
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proudest Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 8:34am

I try to stay away from conspiracy theories, but I tend to believe what you all are saying here. 
Jhetta View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 8:37am
Look at the financial news yesterday and today.

Asia has much to loose!

The limited announcements from the WHO yesterday did have an effect!
NZ er View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 8:46am
All news last night was about the $$$
Land of the Long White Cloud
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Proudest Monkey Proudest Monkey wrote:

I try to stay away from conspiracy theories, but I tend to believe what you all are saying here. 

I used to avoid conspiracy theories until I started following the spread of H5N1 Sichuan Sheet. (Sheet as in thin coverup)

Now, with all the obfuscation, I have no choice but to believe it is all corrupt as hades.
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 11:06am
NPR hasn't stopped talking about it all morning.
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Proudest Monkey Proudest Monkey wrote:

OK, I am starting to get concerned about all of this; and I am a fairly happy-go-lucky kind of person. However, I am not going to panic yet. 
Do not panic.  Get "Frosty" and stay that way.
Rainla View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 12:51pm

Not a conspiracy theory subscriber usually either but this is getting to be ridiculous! All I can think is that the WHO folks and the PTB need more time to get out of their investment positions - back to the $$$ again.

Dax Com - I like that - my 'to do' list for today was titled, "Don't Panic" - I will make tomorrow's list, "Stay Frosty".
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 1:13pm

Now, with all the obfuscation, I have no choice but to believe it is all corrupt as hades.
Joe

You have hit the nail on the head.  Corrupt!!

Some of it has to do with money.  Governments that want tourist and trade with other countries at any cost.  Individuals seeing this as a chance to make money off of drugs or fear.

Some has to do with ego's  I will not tell you what is going on because you would not understand and I am not going to lower myself to try and explain it to you.  I will not release any information for others to see until I have completed my research and have published my paper so my name is held in high honor.

Some has to do with control:  We are the government and we are here to take care of you (control you and your life)

No conspires just a bunch of very corrupt people that looking out for themselves and heading as a herd in the same direction.

Compared to the WHO, UN and World Governments, Hitler and Stalin were rank amateur's  when you look at the numbers that these idiots are going to kill.

Major Dad hopes you are all alive and well and looking out for each other
NZ er View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 1:51pm
MAJDAD...is this new???I thought it has always been this way Confused.

I note that the reason the WHO decided against raising the level OR convening with a panel of experts was..'because there was NO change in the situation (mutation OR sustained person to person spread)'.So it was decided not to bother the panel.

This leads me (IMHO) to believe that the ONLY time they shall convene or raise the level is when they definatly and have NO doubt at ALL that they are seeing mutation, AND sustained person to person spread. This unfortunatly would obviously be clear to pretty well everyone by then......then they would have the meeting and raise the level
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by MAJDAD MAJDAD wrote:

Joe

You have hit the nail on the head.  Corrupt!!

Some of it has to do with money.  Governments that want tourist and trade with other countries at any cost.  Individuals seeing this as a chance to make money off of drugs or fear.

Some has to do with ego's  I will not tell you what is going on because you would not understand and I am not going to lower myself to try and explain it to you.  I will not release any information for others to see until I have completed my research and have published my paper so my name is held in high honor.

Some has to do with control:  We are the government and we are here to take care of you (control you and your life)

No conspires just a bunch of very corrupt people that looking out for themselves and heading as a herd in the same direction.

Compared to the WHO, UN and World Governments, Hitler and Stalin were rank amateur's  when you look at the numbers that these idiots are going to kill.

110% agree with you!
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proudest Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:16pm

Quote This leads me (IMHO) to believe that the ONLY time they shall convene or raise the level is when they 'definatly and have no doubt at ALL that they are seeing mutation, AND sustained person to person spread. This would obviously be clear to pretty well everyone by then......then they would have the meeting and raise the level

I agree; it appears that the WHO will not go to phase 4 until it is very obvious to the entire world that there is sustained human to human transmission. Their reluctancy probably has a lot to do with the global economy, if I had to guess.

MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:28pm
Proudest Monkey:  you are correct.  By the time the WHO decides to raise the level, we will go from 3 to 6 because the Pandemic will be well underway and the WHO will have lost all credibility with the medical community and all ability to handle the problem with the world governments.
Major Dad hopes you are all alive and well and looking out for each other
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:53pm
I agree. I'm afraid that the health of the poultry industry is more important than the health of the nation or the world.

Money - money - money. It gets so very old.

Perhaps if this natural event is devastating enough to stop the current movement, we will once again be able to build a society regulated by commnon sense and common need, instead of common greed.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proudest Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:04pm
Quote Perhaps if this natural event is devastating enough to stop the current movement, we will once again be able to build a society regulated by common sense and common need, instead of common greed.

That may be one positive outcome of a pandemic.

NZ er View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:07pm
[QUOTE=MAJDAD]

[/QUOTE)

This says it all
Samoa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:41pm
That cluster never did concern me, I felt that it hit a certain family that had a specific propensity for the virus.
However, I do reserve the right to retract that statement if everybody in their town turns up sick.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Samoa Samoa wrote:

That cluster never did concern me, I felt that it hit a certain family that had a specific propensity for the virus.
However, I do reserve the right to retract that statement if everybody in their town turns up sick.

As elequent as any politician Samoa ...
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proudest Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:47pm
I was thinking the same thing myself!  LOL
Fastcard View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fastcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 5:52pm
Do not waste time wondering when levels will be declared, there is only one  answer , when it can not be covered up any longer.

I wish JaxMax had a commentary..........but handlers have side lined him. aaaaaaa  This is the point where you just need to keep your head down and prepare....

A Bible verse that is just perfect...... for the situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic