Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Why did you choose your little pic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why did you choose your little pic?
    Posted: May 29 2006 at 2:45am
Mine is a wild duck because thats where all Type-A Influenza viruses are stored as a resovoir and where they play Russian Roulette with their RNA.

This is a Bird flu after all and its birds - especially wild water fowl that are the problem.

And you?
NawtyBits View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NawtyBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 4:29am
When I first signed up, my AV was a RADAR screen that actually swept.  Now the sweep doesnt work, and it just looks like a circle with a shaded line.

The RADAR...Im an Air Traffic Controller....and also, because Im tracking BF...

nawty
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 4:33am
I just like butterflies.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 4:55am
Because I love old fashioned garden roses and have planted them all over our property.
strwberry View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strwberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 5:45am

Its the only one I was able to find and have this site accept....try as I may I just couldn't get them to fit the criteria...lol.  At least it is one that I like...love the mountains!

marks6555 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks6555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 9:10am
I used to be a Phalanx CIWS supervisor in the U.S. Navy. Many radars on the ship would fry a bird if it flew in front of it's waves. Stupid birds.
When the going gets weird, the weird turns pro. -HST
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 9:32am
I chose the praying hands because after I have done all I can to protect my family, what will be left to do is pray (though I don't place it in the last position, but the first).
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 9:36am
I picked the rose being thrown to the floor because I have that attitude most days.  I'm not jaded or cynical, just realistic.  Things either work out and make me happy or I am through with it completely and I will throw the roses to the floor right in front of anyone and everyone, lol.
Dax
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 10:46am
I picked the seahorse because I love the ocean and lived near the ocean for half my life, although I don't live there now and I am happy with a pool instead of a beach, I still like ocean motifs.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 11:47am
I had a moon initially, but i finally managed to upload my own avatar. Why this one? Well, a futuristic warrior for a futuristic society...like maybe what we'll have after the pandemic ;)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 11:59am
I can't get mine to upload!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by rutsuyasun rutsuyasun wrote:

I chose the praying hands because after I have done all I can to protect my family, what will be left to do is pray (though I don't place it in the last position, but the first).

Ditto  and also in the first position.
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Web Ferret Web Ferret wrote:

Put the image in photobucket.com and then cut and paste the url on your profile settings page.  It won't upload the image w/o a valid url.
Dax
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 1:27pm
Mine is one of my favorite paintings, it's called Lavender Nights and I painted it for my oldest daughter. I painted it last month and it is a self portrait of evenings in the springtime and the way night time smells outside my studio door.
crystal View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 3:50pm
oknut - ditto for the roses. Just keep on smelling them.
peace
Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 4:30pm
Reminded me of a raven.This is not a attempt to psychoanalyze us on our perception of pictures within pictures is it.LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by DAX COM DAX COM wrote:

Put the image in photobucket.com and then cut and paste the url on your profile settings page.  It won't upload the image w/o a valid url.

Thanks Dax ... I've been asking how to do this for nearly a month!! Now I can get it to load .... just can't control the size!!! aaaaHConfused
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 5:03pm
My USAF career field was Electronic Warfare and the 'Old Crow' was our mascot. I miss that ol' bird!

Kinda ties in with the BF...

Survival does have an 'I'!

Dodging 'canes on Florida's central Gulf Coast
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 5:59pm
great answers gang - love them all and keep them coming
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 6:02pm
Well, on this site, since I couldn't  and still can't upload my little bird holding a 'help' sign, I chose the 'Eye of the Storm'  'cause that's where we're heading! And ... I liked the colors -LOL -k
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 9:59pm
I chose the butterfly because I wish we could all just FLY THE HECK OUTTA HERE WHILE WE STILL CAN!!Cry
(and I also have a butterfly tattoo on my back hip with my husband's name on it!!Wink)
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 10:41pm
I picked the butterfly because...my dad died Aug. 28, 2004 from a rare cancer caused by asbestos. The cancer is called Mesothelioma. Dad found out in May and died that August...anyway...a group of wonderful ladies started sending him crocheted angels and butterflies. At first he thought they were wasting their time on a sick man who is going to die and couldn't take all the hard work they had done with him(that is how practical of a man he was) then he really started enjoying getting them in the mail. When he died(at home) next door....when they took his body there were 2 butterflies at the window...we felt one was dad and one was my brother who died from AIDS in 1987. Those butterflies stayed there for hours with my mother. She couldn't believe it and it brought her some peace. So whenever I see a butterfly I think of dad and my brother.
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 10:42pm
rodin33, the painting is beautiful. My mother and brother are artists too. I wish I had more of that talentSmile
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by ReadyMom ReadyMom wrote:

Originally posted by DAX COM DAX COM wrote:

Thanks Dax ... I've been asking how to do this for nearly a month!! Now I can get it to load .... just can't control the size!!! aaaaHConfused
Well I don't know who you have been asking, lol.  In the photobucket site, once you upload the images you can view them and  edit them for size.  Just click on edit above the image in your album and it will take you to the edit page and you'll see the "reduce by 75 %, etc, etc, etc," right under the image.  It kinda resizes everything to thumbnails from the start I think, or atleast I have done something  like that by c&p those thumbnailed images back into my comp as image documents if I remember right...
Dax
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:27am
A lighthouse warns of risk and danger and points the way for other folk.  It's nautical and that's where my preference half lies.  Could easily sail away when the time comes but have actually decided to SIP.  Mainly because my fiancee isn't that keen on sea life and there is more fresh water available where we are. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:30am
nice

i am from the sea not from the land and I think going back to sea is a good idea I can load up a boat and cashe food on some deserted island and stay at sea for years
NZ er View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:41am
There is always hope on the horizon..LIVE every day
Land of the Long White Cloud
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:52am
When i worked at Carters Mill on the west coast we hardly saw the horizon

when we could see the Alps it meant it was going to rain

when we couldnt see the Alps it was raining
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 6:34am
[/QUOTE] Well I don't know who you have been asking, lol.  In the photobucket site, once you upload the images you can view them and  edit them for size.  Just click on edit above the image in your album and it will take you to the edit page and you'll see the "reduce by 75 %, etc, etc, etc," right under the image.  It kinda resizes everything to thumbnails from the start I think, or atleast I have done something  like that by c&p those thumbnailed images back into my comp as image documents if I remember right...[/QUOTE]
See my 'Tech Support' inquiries! Wink Anyway ... Now I'll go and try to resize it! Thank you!Clap -k
TomMI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 9:42am
I picked this avatar because Im thinking of starting a new clothing line in this design. What do you think for the upcoming pandemic?  I can see a slinky blond wearing it down the runway now...It would come in several designer colors.  How about Avianwear?  Anybody? How about H5N-1size fits all?
A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them. The simpleton never looks and suffers the consequences.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 10:08am
Thanks for the instructions! Now I was able to change mine to the little bird tree thingy. Still love old fashioned roses, but liked this one.
comrade View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 11:25am

Medication is the only true hope we now have on hand.... so I picked pills.Smile

outsidethecamp View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outsidethecamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 6:58pm
I chose my "pic" of a candle with a flame, to indicate to all that If I am a light to anybody out there,  it's simply because HE has lit my wick!

HE is the light of the world & it is only because of HIM that I have any light whatsoever.  To HIM be all the glory.

God help us all...
Peggy

!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 10:15am
I chose the eye that is continually open, because it seemed to define what I personally was going through (severe eye strain!Geek) tring to get information on avain Flu or h5n1. If I saw something and didn't catch it when it was broadcast, I learned quickly that I wouldn't see it again. That lead me to looking on the internet, which in turn brought me here. And I am very, very grateful that it did. Again thanks everyone for all the great info. When I got here I was unsure , now I am sure I can make it! AND still preparing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic