Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)


Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - France removing thier nationals from Wuhan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic; Now tracking the Wuhan Coronavirus COVID-19

France removing thier nationals from Wuhan

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
pheasant View Drop Down
Senior Adviser Group
Senior Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 20 2006
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 5876
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: France removing thier nationals from Wuhan
    Posted: January 25 2020 at 3:48am
I had not known many countries have consulates in Wuhan.

   French citizens to be bused out of Wuhan to escape coronavirus, consulate says

    Evacuation plan outlined in email as diplomats look for ways to protect foreign nationals
    Paris earlier reports three cases on its soil – the first to be identified in Europe

Topic |   China coronavirus outbreak
SCMP
Stuart Lau and Jun Mai

Published: 7:30pm, 25 Jan, 2020

Updated: 7:30pm, 25 Jan, 2020
Foreign diplomats in Wuhan are scrambling to assess the situation in the coronavirus [1]
-plagued city, with French officials planning to evacuate French nationals trapped by the Chinese government’s lockdown.
The plan would allow French people who want to leave Wuhan [2]
, the capital of Hubei province, to travel by bus to Changsha in neighbouring Hunan province, according to an email seen by the South China Morning Post.

“The consulate general, in collaboration with local authorities, plans to set up a bus service to allow French nationals … and their Chinese and foreign spouses and children to travel from Wuhan to Changsha,” it said.

The email, sent by the French consulate, also asked anyone who received it to pass the notice on to other French nationals. It was not clear which bodies received the email and the date of the planned evacuation was not specified.

The consulate could not be reached for comment on Saturday.

France, the United States, Britain and South Korea all have consulates in Wuhan, according to China’s foreign ministry.

The South Korean consulate said in a post on its website that it would suspend all visa applications “indefinitely until further notice”.

A diplomatic source said several foreign embassies in China were considering plans to evacuate their nationals from Wuhan.
First coronavirus case ‘had no links to seafood market’
25 Jan 2020
[3]

It is not known how many foreigners remain in the city, which has a population of about 11 million and has been under a government-imposed lockdown since Thursday morning.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said in a statement on Friday that Paris was monitoring the crisis and “can increase the power [to respond] if necessary”.

There have so far been three confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in France, in Paris and Bordeaux.
French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Friday that Paris was monitoring the crisis in China. Photo: AFP
French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Friday that Paris was monitoring the crisis in China. Photo: AFP

The US said earlier that most of its consulate staff and their families had been pulled out of Wuhan.

An emailed inquiry to the British consulate in the city received only an automated reply, saying: “Wuhan is now in crisis mode. We may not be able to answer your emails for some time.”

The consulate would be closed for the Lunar New Year holiday until January 31, it said.

Meanwhile, British citizen Kharn Lambert told the BBC on Thursday how he had been “trapped” in Wuhan.

The PE teacher said he was afraid to leave his house for fear of catching the deadly virus.

“If you saw the street behind me at night time where I normally live … if I show you out there now, it’s dead,” he said.

More than 1,280 confirmed cases have been reported across China, of which more than 700 were in Hubei, according to local government figures released on Saturday.

The death toll in Hubei stands at 39, with two other fatalities reported in the provinces of Hebei and Heilongjiang.

Tens of millions of people in Hubei are effectively on lockdown since a travel ban was imposed on most of the province.

Flights, trains, buses and ferries connecting Wuhan to other cities in Hubei have been suspended. Rail authorities in Wuhan, which is a hub for several major high-speed lines, said operations at 61 stations and more than 400 train services had been suspended until further notice.
Sign up now [4]
for our 50% early bird offer from SCMP Research: China AI Report. The all new SCMP China AI Report gives you exclusive first-hand insights and analysis into the latest industry developments, and actionable and objective intelligence about China AI that you should be equipped with.

https://www.scmp.com/print/news/china/society/article/3047653/french-citizens-be-bused-out-wuhan-escape-coronavirus-consulate
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Back to Top
Notanewbie View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member


Joined: January 13 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 600
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2020 at 3:00pm
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/europeans-flee-china-virus-plane-heads-france-68704996

A second French-chartered airliner carrying 300 evacuees from China flew to Europe on Sunday as more foreigners fled the rapidly spreading new virus.

The wide-body Airbus A380 landed at a military base in southern France with passengers who included citizens of France, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Czech Republic and some African countries.

French Health Minister Agnes Buzyn said 36 people exhibited potential symptoms of the coronavirus. Sixteen of them were sent home to other European countries, while the other 20 stayed in France and are being tested.

Those who test positive for the virus will be hospitalized, and the others will be quarantined for 14 days, Buzyn told reporters. Passengers from the first airlift from China organized by the French government are in isolation at a Mediterranean resort in the town of Carry-le-Rouet.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down