Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
123456
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHO says 10% of world has CoVid.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic since 2005; Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic Discussion Forum.

WHO says 10% of world has CoVid.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 8335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO says 10% of world has CoVid.
    Posted: October 22 2020 at 10:24am


Back to Top
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: February 27 2020
Location: ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 3290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization said Monday its “best estimates” indicate that roughly 1 in 10 people worldwide may have been infected by the coronavirus — more than 20 times the number of confirmed cases — and warned of a difficult period ahead.

Dr. Michael Ryan, speaking to a special session of the WHO’s 34-member executive board focusing on COVID-19, said the figures vary from urban to rural, and between different groups, but that ultimately it means “the vast majority of the world remains at risk.” He said the pandemic would continue to evolve, but that tools exist to suppress transmission and save lives.

“Many deaths have been averted and many more lives can be protected," Ryan said. He was flanked by his boss, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who minutes earlier led a moment of silence to honor victims as well as round of applause for the health workers who have strived to save them.

Ryan said southeast Asia faced a surge in cases, Europe and the eastern Mediterranean were seeing an increase in deaths, while the situations in Africa and the Western Pacific were “rather more positive.”

"Our current best estimates tell us that about 10 percent of the global population may have been infected by this virus,” Ryan told attendees from member governments who make up the executive board and provide much of its funding.

The estimate — which would amount to more than 760 million people based on a current world population of about 7.6 billion — far outstrips the number of confirmed cases as tallied by both WHO and Johns Hopkins University, now more than 35 million worldwide.

Experts have long said that the number of confirmed cases greatly underestimates the true figure.

The comments came during a special session of the executive board to consider the follow-up to its previous meeting, in May, that passed a resolution to look into the world's — and WHO's — response to the pandemic. Ryan warned that the world was "now heading into a difficult period. The disease continues to spread. It is on the rise in many parts of the world.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/says-10-world-population-may-115400640.html

  The China virus seems inevitable to most of us, unless a vaccine is rolled out soon.  We have plenty of cases here in my part of the woods.  I know five who have recovered, and the sixth in hospital.  With the WHO saying this many people having the virus and not dying, the odds are in my favor to survive the China virus.  

keep the joy
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Is anyone else bored by this? AI is a waste of space on here, he's obviously an argumentative unhappy sort of guy, and the whole Flumom situation is old news, and was completely avoidable. It's her choice not to be on here anymore. Whilst she made a racist comment, all she had to do was to apologise for it but for some reason she wasn't prepared to do so. Personally I miss her because she contributed worthwhile comments to the conversation. Let's try and get back on track and move on.

Much of Philippine history was motivated by Filipinos' kneejerk butthurt reactions - Get Real Post

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 51751
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 2:34pm




Well said.....

I have been trying......

Take care all  😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar
Moderator

Joined: February 09 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14553
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 2:18pm

Right, time to move on.

Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 18780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2020 at 2:11pm

Is anyone else bored by this? AI is a waste of space on here, he's obviously an argumentative unhappy sort of guy, and the whole Flumom situation is old news, and was completely avoidable. It's her choice not to be on here anymore. Whilst she made a racist comment, all she had to do was to apologise for it but for some reason she wasn't prepared to do so. Personally I miss her because she contributed worthwhile comments to the conversation. Let's try and get back on track and move on.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar
Moderator

Joined: February 09 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14553
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 12:13pm

The original discussion is NOT about Flumom, so get back on track please.

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 8335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 11:05am

Meh might you be wrong on that point that FluMom was banned, she was demodded but not banned for her egregious lapse in judgement, according to Techno anyway. So are you wrong or is Techno wrong?

Nobody was wrong.  It is just like in a workplace.  You have a manager in charge of, say 20 people.  She's worked at the company for many years, and worked her way up.   One day, she comes in and has a bad day, and makes a racist comment.  The comment is reported by some employees to other managers, who report it to the CEO.  As the company has a zero-tolerance policy, the CEO demotes her to being a regular employee again, basic salary, no perks.  With respect for her many years of service, she is not fired from the company.  She still works there, but she is no longer a manager.

Back to Top
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar
Moderator

Joined: February 09 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14553
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 12:02am

You might want to get back on track of the original subject.  It's actually no one's business why Flumom is no longer here. If anyone wants to know, they can go ask her. 

Back to Top
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar
Moderator

Joined: February 09 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 14553
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 11:57pm

 

Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 47251
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 10:18pm

It wasn’t a one liner, I’ll give you that, but still snarky nonetheless. Thanks for proving my point. Just wasn’t expecting a demonstration though. Much appreciated. 

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Stop deflecting. Your behavior has resulted in admin receiving complaints. A quick skim through your posts shows that certain people - Technophobe and WitchMisspelled in particular - seem to be targets of your ego. This is all I’m willing to address, so don’t try to change the focus because it won’t happen.

If I showed up on a forum, and in less than a year began to denigrate other members, I wouldn’t expect to be around long. Don’t abuse our tolerance, and try acting like you’re part of the site, and not someone who looks down on every other member. If you can’t debate without insults, we’re going to have a problem that can be easily fixed. Don’t expect an endless supply of second chances.

Well your quick skim missed a lot when you were gone. No worries.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:


Meh might you be wrong on that point that FluMom was banned, she was demodded but not banned for her egregious lapse in judgement, according to Techno anyway. So are you wrong or is Techno wrong?

And as for correcting false or incorrect information yep, guilty as charged, oh well. Is this site about factual information or just whatever gobbilty gook gets posted and claimed as factual information? And the fact that it happens to be women posting incorrect information more so then men, is merely happenstance. Correct information is not sexist, sorry non factor nice try. Oh and if I was wrong on information I posted or stated, rest assured I'd be corrected and have been before. And insults have been slung both ways, guess you missed that part huh. "Cheery picking" right Techno LOL.

And yes there is a pattern by the drama squad, just as there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so, but just don't offend the vegans right LOL. Oh the hypocrisy of that is hilarious.

And I keep hearing this is a prepping site, but surely not my use for it. I wouldn't use a dentist for a medical physician, although a dentist may be able to perform some of the same procedures as a physician. There are specialized sites, with far more information for prepping and survival.

Ok, no cherry picking, but point by point.

1.  Flumom was banned from the moderator forum.  She left the rest of site of her own free will.  She is still listed as 'active'  FluMom.  Neither Jacksdad nor I are 'wrong', just talking about slightly different things.

2.  Cherry picked data is misleading, even when technically correct.  The true horror of this is, I believe it to be deliberate on your part.

3. Insults have been slung both ways.  You however seem to start it and if you are shown to be at fault, you get more agressive, instead of appologising, which is what polite, responsible adults do.  We have all accidentally got stuff wrong occasionally.  Saying: 'Sorry!' and putting it right come easily to most of us, as our intentions are honourable in the main.  Staying on the attack and turning everything into a pi**ing contest is what immature teenagers in High-School do (because their prefrontal cortex is not yet fully developed).

4.

Originally posted by ai ai wrote:

there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so
 I have seen far more of this from Trump supporters than those whom argue against him.  The anti-Trump squad belittle HIM, the pro-Trump squad belittle those who do not support him.  Politicians are fair-game; they put themselves up for it.

5. Disease watching and avoidance is part of prepping, not a separate thing.  This is a disease monitoring site, mostly crewed and visited by preppers.  It carries lots of general prepping information - because it speaks mostly to, of and among preppers, but the general prepping information is also available all over the net.  So, disease preparedness is our speciality topic, within the context of prepping.  But the whole thing is interconnected.


So now I have dealt with all your points, in turn, in the order you raised them, it is time for you to answer my question.  You may think you already did.  But you did not.  'Information' is not an answer, especially as you seem to think we all have it wrong.  So why are you on a site you think has it all wrong, if not to poke fun at the members?   Your posted information appears deliberately misleading and microscopically hair-splitting, so it can't be to 'put us straight'.

NOW, FOR THE FIFTH TIME OF ASKING, ANSWER THE QUESTION:  "Why are you here?"


 

Don't use the "we", some on here actually stick to the information, factual valid information.

1. LOL that is a funny non answer, she was either banned or she wasn't.  According to you she wasn't, according to him, she was. Either way I liked FluMom, that gal had grit.

                 2. It's "cherry picking" when I do it but anyone one else or yourself does it, it's not. Not exactly objective.

                 3. The word ''seem" in your reply is highly relative and let's not forget your bias, that you engaged in numerous times. "Seems" you said more things about me, then I have about you. Guess you forgot all about that right. No worries.

                4. Just wrong. If anything you helped forment the politically charged atmosphere and at the very least engaged in it. You know when Carbon was using Trump comments to troll and you encouraged it and protected him when it came back at him. Ah memory right.

                5. Fair enough


ASKED AND ANSWERED FOR THE THIRD TIME. INFORMATION. TOO LOUD?????

And let's not forget all this because I laughed at Carbon for suggesting this event was some type of SHTF situation. While I have been accused of being insensitive numerous times on here, I would suggest that some are actually overly sensitive, way overly sensitive, so it seems. I'll have to work on my insensitive ways.  

118 best images about Butt hurt Eh? :^ on Pinterest | The internet, Get over it and Humor

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 47251
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 11:49am

Stop deflecting. Your behavior has resulted in admin receiving complaints. A quick skim through your posts shows that certain people - Technophobe and WitchMisspelled in particular - seem to be targets of your ego. This is all I’m willing to address, so don’t try to change the focus because it won’t happen.

If I showed up on a forum, and in less than a year began to denigrate other members, I wouldn’t expect to be around long. Don’t abuse our tolerance, and try acting like you’re part of the site, and not someone who looks down on every other member. If you can’t debate without insults, we’re going to have a problem that can be easily fixed. Don’t expect an endless supply of second chances.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 6:11am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:


Meh might you be wrong on that point that FluMom was banned, she was demodded but not banned for her egregious lapse in judgement, according to Techno anyway. So are you wrong or is Techno wrong?

And as for correcting false or incorrect information yep, guilty as charged, oh well. Is this site about factual information or just whatever gobbilty gook gets posted and claimed as factual information? And the fact that it happens to be women posting incorrect information more so then men, is merely happenstance. Correct information is not sexist, sorry non factor nice try. Oh and if I was wrong on information I posted or stated, rest assured I'd be corrected and have been before. And insults have been slung both ways, guess you missed that part huh. "Cheery picking" right Techno LOL.

And yes there is a pattern by the drama squad, just as there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so, but just don't offend the vegans right LOL. Oh the hypocrisy of that is hilarious.

And I keep hearing this is a prepping site, but surely not my use for it. I wouldn't use a dentist for a medical physician, although a dentist may be able to perform some of the same procedures as a physician. There are specialized sites, with far more information for prepping and survival.

Ok, no cherry picking, but point by point.

1.  Flumom was banned from the moderator forum.  She left the rest of site of her own free will.  She is still listed as 'active'  FluMom.  Neither Jacksdad nor I are 'wrong', just talking about slightly different things.

2.  Cherry picked data is misleading, even when technically correct.  The true horror of this is, I believe it to be deliberate on your part.

3. Insults have been slung both ways.  You however seem to start it and if you are shown to be at fault, you get more agressive, instead of appologising, which is what polite, responsible adults do.  We have all accidentally got stuff wrong occasionally.  Saying: 'Sorry!' and putting it right come easily to most of us, as our intentions are honourable in the main.  Staying on the attack and turning everything into a pi**ing contest is what immature teenagers in High-School do (because their prefrontal cortex is not yet fully developed).

4.

Originally posted by ai ai wrote:

there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so
 I have seen far more of this from Trump supporters than those whom argue against him.  The anti-Trump squad belittle HIM, the pro-Trump squad belittle those who do not support him.  Politicians are fair-game; they put themselves up for it.

5. Disease watching and avoidance is part of prepping, not a separate thing.  This is a disease monitoring site, mostly crewed and visited by preppers.  It carries lots of general prepping information - because it speaks mostly to, of and among preppers, but the general prepping information is also available all over the net.  So, disease preparedness is our speciality topic, within the context of prepping.  But the whole thing is interconnected.


So now I have dealt with all your points, in turn, in the order you raised them, it is time for you to answer my question.  You may think you already did.  But you did not.  'Information' is not an answer, especially as you seem to think we all have it wrong.  So why are you on a site you think has it all wrong, if not to poke fun at the members?   Your posted information appears deliberately misleading and microscopically hair-splitting, so it can't be to 'put us straight'.

NOW, FOR THE FIFTH TIME OF ASKING, ANSWER THE QUESTION:  "Why are you here?"


Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15230
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 4:56am

Then you hear wrong.  Even the title of this forum denotes this is a pandemic talk site.  This, of course, includes prepping.  But this is not solely a prepping site.  

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 And look the crew that campaigned to run off Flumom show's up on cue. Interesting pattern there. What are the odds of that happening? LOL Any bets on if it happens again? 



FluMom was banned by Albert - the guy who pays the bills around here. it was unfortunate and I'm sorry it happened, but everyone here needs to understand that there are consequences to our actions, and there is a standard we hold people to. She had threatened to leave before, and I (and I'm sure others) had personally reached out to try to smooth things over on a couple of occasions because she was viewed as family around here. She chose to go down the road she did and ultimately burned every bridge, and Albert felt he had any choice but to pull the trigger. Members don't get banned often, but it was felt a line had been crossed at that point. This time around we have a member who doesn't play well with others, clearly believes he's always right and everyone else is wrong, feels it's appropriate to insult and call into question the intelligence of anyone that disagrees, and seems hellbent on bullying certain members (particularly women it seems) into silence because they hold an opposing view. Any push back you're feeling is a direct result of your inability to engage without rancor and insults. There's no crew or pattern, and you're no FluMom - please don't invoke her memory here with that kind of false equivalency.

By the way - you do understand how juvenile the posting of that video was, right? We're a prepping site that's been active for fourteen years - you think hunting for food, and butchering animals hasn't been covered already? Save yourself the time and trouble and check the archives before you feel the need to bring us up to speed on anything.






Meh might you be wrong on that point that FluMom was banned, she was demodded but not banned for her egregious lapse in judgement, according to Techno anyway. So are you wrong or is Techno wrong?

And as for correcting false or incorrect information yep, guilty as charged, oh well. Is this site about factual information or just whatever gobbilty gook gets posted and claimed as factual information? And the fact that it happens to be women posting incorrect information more so then men, is merely happenstance. Correct information is not sexist, sorry non factor nice try. Oh and if I was wrong on information I posted or stated, rest assured I'd be corrected and have been before. And insults have been slung both ways, guess you missed that part huh. "Cheery picking" right Techno LOL.

And yes there is a pattern by the drama squad, just as there is a pattern of members who support Trump being belittled for doing so, but just don't offend the vegans right LOL. Oh the hypocrisy of that is hilarious.

And I keep hearing this is a prepping site, but surely not my use for it. I wouldn't use a dentist for a medical physician, although a dentist may be able to perform some of the same procedures as a physician. There are specialized sites, with far more information for prepping and survival.

 

 

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 18780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 And look the crew that campaigned to run off Flumom show's up on cue. Interesting pattern there. What are the odds of that happening? LOL Any bets on if it happens again? 



FluMom was banned by Albert - the guy who pays the bills around here. it was unfortunate and I'm sorry it happened, but everyone here needs to understand that there are consequences to our actions, and there is a standard we hold people to. She had threatened to leave before, and I (and I'm sure others) had personally reached out to try to smooth things over on a couple of occasions because she was viewed as family around here. She chose to go down the road she did and ultimately burned every bridge, and Albert felt he had any choice but to pull the trigger. Members don't get banned often, but it was felt a line had been crossed at that point. This time around we have a member who doesn't play well with others, clearly believes he's always right and everyone else is wrong, feels it's appropriate to insult and call into question the intelligence of anyone that disagrees, and seems hellbent on bullying certain members (particularly women it seems) into silence because they hold an opposing view. Any push back you're feeling is a direct result of your inability to engage without rancor and insults. There's no crew or pattern, and you're no FluMom - please don't invoke her memory here with that kind of false equivalency.

By the way - you do understand how juvenile the posting of that video was, right? We're a prepping site that's been active for fourteen years - you think hunting for food, and butchering animals hasn't been covered already? Save yourself the time and trouble and check the archives before you feel the need to bring us up to speed on anything.


Bloody well said Jacksdad.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 4:47am

Again, agreed.  Flu mum was a real loss.  I still miss her.  

But standards are just that, standards.  If I spouted insults or racisim, I would expect to go the same way.  I would not expect to be missed as much.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 47251
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2020 at 3:46am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 And look the crew that campaigned to run off Flumom show's up on cue. Interesting pattern there. What are the odds of that happening? LOL Any bets on if it happens again? 



FluMom was banned by Albert - the guy who pays the bills around here. it was unfortunate and I'm sorry it happened, but everyone here needs to understand that there are consequences to our actions, and there is a standard we hold people to. She had threatened to leave before, and I (and I'm sure others) had personally reached out to try to smooth things over on a couple of occasions because she was viewed as family around here. She chose to go down the road she did and ultimately burned every bridge, and Albert felt he had any choice but to pull the trigger. Members don't get banned often, but it was felt a line had been crossed at that point. This time around we have a member who doesn't play well with others, clearly believes he's always right and everyone else is wrong, feels it's appropriate to insult and call into question the intelligence of anyone that disagrees, and seems hellbent on bullying certain members (particularly women it seems) into silence because they hold an opposing view. Any push back you're feeling is a direct result of your inability to engage without rancor and insults. There's no crew or pattern, and you're no FluMom - please don't invoke her memory here with that kind of false equivalency.

By the way - you do understand how juvenile the posting of that video was, right? We're a prepping site that's been active for fourteen years - you think hunting for food, and butchering animals hasn't been covered already? Save yourself the time and trouble and check the archives before you feel the need to bring us up to speed on anything.






"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15230
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 3:56pm

Yes, AI.  Answer the question.  Either you'll confirm or dismiss those who have their opinion on that.  No, I won't give mine until you answer the question.  

Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 18780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 3:17pm


AI, why don't you stop spouting nonsense and simply answer the question. Why are you here?

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 2:49pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

There are vegans on our memberlist, AI.  Please consider their feelings.  - Not I, I've butchered many deer.  

I'm not coloured either, but racist posts are anathema.  I am female, but man-haters would be silenced.

The idea is to avoid giving offence, not deliberately court it.

So, as you are too buisy trying to insult me, to care about any other people's reactions, I repeat my question.

Why are you here?

LOL read the last sentence of my last post. And I've answered it before, sorry if it's not to your liking. Well vegans are going to have a rough go of it, should SHTF. But I suppose hunger changes things in a rather rapid fashion. Perhaps some nice alfalfa sprouting video's as atonement are in order?

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 12:43pm

Ps.  I know I'm annoying you, sorry for that, but a few commas would render your missives easier to read;  I even appreciate Oxford ones.







This would be the 'airborne' clincher if you wanted a scientifically backed post:     https://www.avianflutalk.com/from-viroglogy-fact-of-the-day_topic41285_post287739.html?KW=microns#287739 .

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 12:41pm

There are vegans on our memberlist, AI.  Please consider their feelings.  - Not I, I've butchered many deer.  

I'm not coloured either, but racist posts are anathema.  I am female, but man-haters would be silenced.

The idea is to avoid giving offence, not deliberately court it.

So, as you are too buisy trying to insult me, to care about any other people's reactions, I repeat my question.

Why are you here?

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 12:32pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Your own point AI, that you keep stressing - repeatedly, is that opinion does not count, only scientific evidence.  You mentioned the 'possibility' of airborne transmission on the 6th February in an article about antivirals 2.  The confirmation of this was posted by Albert On 10th February 1 . But you made no effort to bring your speculation to anyone's attention; it was even posted under the title 'Coronavirus Showing Resistance To Antivirals'.  Albert on the other hand, made a big issue of it, because it helps people to know this - and that is why we are here.

Also, your attempt at an offensive video is both a failure (we are preppers) and inappropriate.

All of which brings me back to the same question:  "Why are you here? "   Becaues it looks to me as if the only answer is points scoring.

No speculation not based in logic or fact or based on politics does not count. Opinions well who really cares what anyone says anyway if it's not based on factual information. Rather useless.  And if you are here to help then factual information not speculation or opinions are what helps people make decisions. And it seems you like to portray the virus as something other than what it actually is. You decry all the deaths from the virus yet don't acknowledge or celebrate the good news of an apparently low .14 CFR which means fewer deaths.  I get it you wanna play prepper and need a SHTF type scenario and have to keep this one pumped up. It all makes sense now. Problem is as time goes by, and more information is known those facts are not supporting that DOOMY narrative. But who knows the next virus might be just around the corner right!!

And I would hardly think any real prepper would find a video of how to process an animal to be offensive or inappropriate.  Well perhaps maybe city preppers would. Although I personally think perhaps the gutless method of processing and quartering of an animal to be easier. 

Information of course, although that seems to be slowing down and suffering some degradation.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2020 at 4:09am

Your own point AI, that you keep stressing - repeatedly, is that opinion does not count, only scientific evidence.  You mentioned the 'possibility' of airborne transmission on the 6th February in an article about antivirals 2.  The confirmation of this was posted by Albert On 10th February 1 . But you made no effort to bring your speculation to anyone's attention; it was even posted under the title 'Coronavirus Showing Resistance To Antivirals'.  Albert on the other hand, made a big issue of it, because it helps people to know this - and that is why we are here.

Also, your attempt at an offensive video is both a failure (we are preppers) and inappropriate.

All of which brings me back to the same question:  "Why are you here? "   Because it looks to me as if the only answer is points scoring.







As a point of interest, I told everyone it would be airborne back in January3.  I still think Albert deserves the credit.  He drew attention to it.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 8335
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 6:52pm

I think a move to General Prepping Tips might be in order for that last post.  Mods?

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 5:15pm

[Moderator warning: graphic content]

Maybe a nice video on how to gut a deer or an elk would be constructive. Being a prepper site and all and I doubt very few here actually harvest and kill their own food. Maybe that would be constructive and if SHTF gonna be something needed to know. Deer are easy, elk are tougher as they are way bigger, bears not too hard as are cougars. And yes cougar actually tastes pretty good. A nice cougar ham and lima bean soup is pretty good!


Constructive enough? Maybe how to snare animals next huh? Cause all that stored up food is going to run out sooner or later and it's best to supplement your provisions before you do. And passive hunting is always a good bet.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

https://www.avianflutalk.com/china-confirms-coronavirus-is-airborne_topic40865_post284529.html?KW=airborne#284529

I don't think that was you AI

Like I said, Loads of posts, nothing constructive.



Now answer the question.

Go ahead and post my thread history from the beginning. Not my posts but threads I've posted. And that'll suffice to answer your question as well. Start at Jan 21 2020 post them.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 4:48pm

https://www.avianflutalk.com/china-confirms-coronavirus-is-airborne_topic40865_post284529.html?KW=airborne#284529

I don't think that was you AI

Like I said, Loads of posts, nothing constructive.



Now answer the question.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

AI  why are you on this site all, you never contribute anything of any use.......ever.......

 

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Actually I've contributed quite a bit. Seems facts don't matter much to quite a few here they'd rather speculate, politicize and seem to actually prefer it if it was all DOOMY. You go ahead with your little DOOM fest it's rather amusing. And laughter is the best medicine after all LOL

No.   Yes, you have posted loads of articles, AI.  That does not mean you have posted anything constructive.  

You mean like the studies I posted that showed it was airborne way before anyone else or the one about it being waterborne. Or the one about 6 feet social distancing being wrong by a factor of two.  You know actual relevant information that might actually make a difference in real world scenario's.  Maybe some anti Trump articles would have made me a more constructive member. LOL Get real


“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

AI  why are you on this site all, you never contribute anything of any use.......ever.......

 

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Actually I've contributed quite a bit. Seems facts don't matter much to quite a few here they'd rather speculate, politicize and seem to actually prefer it if it was all DOOMY. You go ahead with your little DOOM fest it's rather amusing. And laughter is the best medicine after all LOL

No.  Yes you have posted loads of articles, AI.  That does not mean you have posted anything constructive.  Carbon and Jacksdad are quite correct here.  Your posts appear to contain a mixture of deliberately 'spun' articles and snappy insults.  There has been NO effort on your part to help anyone (the only reason the rest of us are here) You only appear to want to score points, trade insults, misinform and mislead and even worse, rudely poke fun at people.  This is a prepper's site, not an exercise in schoolboy debating.

We remain polite and respectful, even when we dissagree.  Because we are all here to help, encourage and protect each other.

Why are you here?

LOL I have posted mainly scientific studies and reports. You abjectly label them as "spin" "cherry picked" if they don't fir your narrative. Excuse me but I thought this was a site about viruses and information. You know factual information, relevant stuff to the current situation?

Take this thread for example. The WHO states they estimate 10% of the world has CoVid. So taking that estimate and the current deaths attributed to CoVid and we come out at .14% about the seasonal flu death rate. Seems that is GOOD NEWS!! A virus is less deadly than thought by a factor of 4. Yet no one seems to want good news. Why is that? That is extremely odd.

And the information I posted from studies and articles is not misinformed or misinformation but validated science and some of it has been peer reviewed and some has not as of yet. Take the mask studies I cited which most were done prior to CoVid and clearly were not politicized because that drama didn't exist yet when those studies were done. Yet you dismissed those objective findings out of hand for studies that were politically subjective and relied on the words "may" "might" "could' in their findings. Follow the science right LOL

Anyway I digress it's about information and science. Who knew it was primarily billed as preppers site? LOL 

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 3:58pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

AI  why are you on this site all, you never contribute anything of any use.......ever.......

 

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Actually I've contributed quite a bit. Seems facts don't matter much to quite a few here they'd rather speculate, politicize and seem to actually prefer it if it was all DOOMY. You go ahead with your little DOOM fest it's rather amusing. And laughter is the best medicine after all LOL

No.   Yes, you have posted loads of articles, AI.  That does not mean you have posted anything constructive.  Carbon and Jacksdad are quite correct here.  Your posts appear to contain a mixture of deliberately 'spun' articles and snappy insults.  There has been NO effort on your part to help anyone (the only reason the rest of us are here).  You only appear to want to score points, trade insults, mock, misinform, mislead and even worse, rudely poke fun at people.  This is a prepper's site, not an exercise in schoolboy debating.

We remain polite and respectful, even when we dissagree.  Because we are all here to help, encourage and protect each other.

Why are you here?

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 3:52pm

I seem to recall earlier on in this pandemic someone calling this place an echo chamber and then flouncing off. Seemed a bit overboard at the time, but some months on seems it's strikingly accurate. Does seem to be groupthink and hive minded, not all but most. And look the crew that campaigned to run off Flumom show's up on cue. Interesting pattern there. What are the odds of that happening? LOL Any bets on if it happens again? 

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 3:45pm


“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15230
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 2:29pm

Well said, KiwiMum.  Technophobe is well aware of my opinion on AI's  trolling.  I'll leave it at that.  

Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Online
Points: 18780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 2:24pm

Well said Jacksdad and Techno. AI is too aggressive and he seems to be looking for the slightest thing to take offense over. Any mention of the US, or Trump in a negative light (and frankly it's hard to find a positive thing to say about the man) and he flies off the handle with insults. He's intimidating and unpleasant. As you rightly pointed out Techno, he has to have the last word but interestingly he'll drop a thread if anyone agrees with him so I think he's only here to troll other people. I don't think anyone would miss him if he left because he doesn't contribute in the spirit of sharing info that could benefit us all, he only shares to knock people down.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 84500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 5:34am

Just to add my twopennyworth to that, AI .  You have posted quite a bit of science,   Being science it is never simply inaccurate.  

But you do post things out of context and as your posts are usually either cherry-picked, or an outlier science study (or both) they are often misleading as well.  I strongly suspect, that is deliberate on your part. 

I don't care what you call me (although I do get offended when you are rude to others and this site has standards in politeness as well.) and I appreciate science based posts.  But your (probably deliberate) attempts to mislead with 'spin' worry me greatly.  

This site is here to inform and guide; which it has successfully done for years.  It gives the best information we have, to as many people as we can.  We genuinely care about our members.  Although we are lucky enough to have some who do, most of our members do not have degrees in science or appropriate qualifications in medicine, epidemiology, mathematical modeling, nursing, virology or the other apposite sciences.  So when you post 'spun' information, you are working counter to our goals.  We simply want our members to be well informed enough to protect themselves and those around them.  Posts such as your outlier study in mask-wearing work counter to this.  [The only reason I abandoned that particular argument was your insistance on having the last word and the, almost rabid, promotion of the only science-based argument (albeit from a good source) that argued counter to the majority opinion (which , I might add, also all came from reputable and respected sources,) all of which drew attention away from other news-worthy posts published at the same time.]

So I am also watching you.



Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 47251
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 1:27am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Actually I've contributed quite a bit. 



From what I can see, the vast majority of your recent posts involve you quoting someone, followed by a snarky one liner that usually includes an insult. I get that you haven't been here that long, but you need to understand that new members berating moderators and long standing contributors is not acceptable and won't be tolerated. Consider yourself on notice.


"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 51751
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 12:20am

Fact:

 220 thousand dead Americans.....still rising.......stay safe all  😷😉



Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

AI  why are you on this site all, you never contribute anything of any use.......ever.......

Actually I've contributed quite a bit. Seems facts don't matter much to quite a few here they'd rather speculate, politicize and seem to actually prefer it if it was all DOOMY. You go ahead with your little DOOM fest it's rather amusing. And laughter is the best medicine after all LOL

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 51751
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 8:18pm

AI  why are you on this site all, you never contribute anything of any use.......ever.......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 6:41pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

And let me add are any countries basing any of their policies in whole or in part on the long term effects of COVID? If it's half the equation as you say and such a concern then that would or should be the case. But it's not, is it. Is EVERY country just missing that half of the equation? 


Considering this is a "Novel" virus and we still trying to combat it affectivley,

I doubt many countries are even thinking about "Long Covid" 

Some haven't even got a grip on what's happening right now, 

Let alone in 1,2 ,5 years......

And we are a reactive speices not a proactive......

Let's face it attention span of most is about 10/15 minutes,aka.tv adds,and shows like G.O.T./Westworld switching narratives every 8 mins or so.

That's why there are Preppers and those that laughed at us when we stocked up on masks ,food etc.....

Who's laughing now......

So no I don't think most governments have looked to the future........

And I'm not saying they unaware of it........ 



 That you actually think that this is anywhere near that type event, is totally hilarious Chicken Little.   Almost as much as the "it's half the equation" narrative LOL. So sad all the DOOM just melting away with reality day by day, poor little DOOMERS.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 51751
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 4:35pm

Just found this...

.

The Independent: Analysis: The NHS is not ready to tackle the debilitating effects of ‘long Covid’.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-long-covid-nhs-fatigue-nihr-elaine-maxwell-b1038038.html

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down