Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
123456
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trump tests positive for Covid.......
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic since 2005; Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic Discussion Forum.

Trump tests positive for Covid.......

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 7435
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 3:48pm

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 3:58pm

Lol ViQueen.....

Uganda.....

Ali  vs Foreman

Rope a Dope.......

Springs to mind.....LMAO

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 9:02pm

So much speculation in this thread based on nothing but feelings and woo woo, seems some just post that type drivel, it's what they do best, it's all they got.  Trump was discharged from Walter Reed, so much for him going into the light or them lying about his condition or him being on deaths door.  


Details about TRUMP 2020 Keep on Trumpin' vinyl decal sticker in 2020 | Vinyl decal stickers ...

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser


Joined: January 20 2014
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Points: 24780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 10:03pm

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

So much speculation in this thread based on nothing but feelings and woo woo, seems some just post that type drivel, it's what they do best, it's all they got.  Trump was discharged from Walter Reed, so much for him going into the light or them lying about his condition or him being on deaths door.  


Details about TRUMP 2020 Keep on Trumpin' vinyl decal sticker in 2020 | Vinyl decal stickers ...

It might be better for Trump if he were to die.  He's going to be trounced in the election, and then he'll be dragged out of the White House on TV and taken to NYC to stand trial for tax fraud etc.  

I don't care if COVID kills him, and I don't wish him any good will whatsoever.   He deserves jail.  


Proverbs 16:18

King James Version


18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

CRS, DrPH
Back to Top
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member


Joined: May 01 2013
Location: Arnhem-Netherla
Status: Offline
Points: 47087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 10:25pm
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 18785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 12:29am

Here is a BBC report on the known drugs that Mr Trump was given:  

Dexamethasone, remdesivir, Regeneron: Trump's Covid treatment explained

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54418464



Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 14595
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 5:30am

Thanks for that link, Josh.  It explained a great deal.  And confirms to everyone that Trump received treatments that the rest of us can't get, i.e. Regeneron.  So, I again say:  Any rhetoric out of Trump rings hollow.

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 7435
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 7:46am

I have posted the article because when I clicked the link, the page was not available.


Dexamethasone, remdesivir, Regeneron: Trump's Covid treatment explained

By James Gallagher

Health and science correspondent

5 October 2020

Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share

Related TopicsCoronavirus pandemic

Image copyrightTHE WHITE HOUSE

Image caption

Donald Trump in the Presidential Suite at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center

Since testing positive for coronavirus, US President Donald Trump has been receiving a number of different drugs, as revealed by his doctors.


It is unclear when the president contracted the virus, but there are two broad phases of a coronavirus infection - the first where the virus is the problem and the second, deadly phase, when our immune system goes into overdrive and starts causing massive collateral damage to other organs.


Treatments fall into two camps - those that directly attack the virus and are more likely to be useful in the first phase and drugs to calm the immune system which are more likely to work in the second.


So what drugs are being used and what do they tell us about his condition?


The doctor with only one patient - the president

Trump's busy week before testing positive for covid

What can the president learn from illness of UK PM Boris Johnson?

The unanswered questions from Trump's diagnosis

Dexamethasone

This steroid saves lives by calming the immune system, but it needs to be used at the right time. Give it too early and the drug could make things worse by impairing the body's ability to fight off the virus.


ADVERTISEMENT


This is not a drug you would usually give in the "mild" stage of the disease.


ADVERTISEMENT


A trial of the drug which took place in the UK showed that the benefit kicked in at the point people need oxygen - which Mr Trump did briefly receive.


The World Health Organization advises using the steroid in "severe and critical" cases. Mr Trump's blood oxygen levels did dip below 94%, which is one of the National Institutes of Health criteria for "severe illness".


However, those low oxygen levels were not sustained and the gap between someone needing transient oxygen support and advanced Covid is massive.


Some have suggested that the president could be incapacitated because of the effects that the steroid can have on the mind. Dexamethasone's side effects include anxiety, altered mood and cognitive impairment, but these are more common with prolonged use, rather than the short course that Mr Trump is currently receiving.


Monoclonal antibody therapy

This is a combination of antibodies, made by the company Regeneron, which mimic our own immune response.


The antibodies physically stick to the coronavirus so they can't get inside the body's cells and they make the virus more "visible" to the rest of the immune system.



Media captionThe BBC's Rebecca Morelle explains how the monoclonal antibodies work

Last week, the company published results on its website showing the cocktail reduced the amount of virus in the body as well as the time it took patients to recover. However, this was in people who did not need hospital treatment and the data has not been seen by scientists or doctors.


The approach makes scientific sense and there is huge hope it will be effective. However, the evidence in patients is still very limited and these monoclonals are still classed as an experimental drug - clinical trials are ongoing. The president is one of only a handful of people outside those trials to undergo the treatment under what is known as "compassionate use".


Remdesivir

This antiviral drug was first developed as a treatment for Ebola. It works by confusing the virus as it looks chemically similar to some of the raw materials the virus needs to replicate. This disrupts the virus's ability to make thousands of copies of itself.


Clinical trials have shown the drug cuts the duration of symptoms from 15 days down to 11.


However, there is no evidence that lives have been saved with remdesivir.


Like monoclonal antibodies, remdesivir is likely to have its biggest impact early on in the course of an infection.


What about the rest?

President Trump's doctors say the US president is also taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and aspirin. It is not clear if any of these are deliberately for Covid 19.


Zinc is a mineral that does have a role in the immune system, but there is no evidence that such supplements improve people's ability to fight the virus.


Vitamin D is known as the sunshine vitamin as it is made in the skin in response to sunlight. It also has a role in a healthy immune system, but again there is no evidence that taking supplements helps against Covid 19.


Famotidine decreases stomach acid production and is used for people with stomach ulcers or reflux. There are small studies suggesting it may help, but the quality is considered low and researchers have called for more research.


Melatonin is a hormone the body makes in the evening and helps us nod off. It is sometimes given as a treatment for insomnia.


Aspirin is a pain killer and blood thinner that is used to reduce the risk of blood clots. Unusual blood clotting has been seen in Covid patients and it may also calm inflammation in the body. There are trials of aspirin in Covid, but no evidence it is useful.

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 9:53am

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

So much speculation in this thread based on nothing but feelings and woo woo, seems some just post that type drivel, it's what they do best, it's all they got.  Trump was discharged from Walter Reed, so much for him going into the light or them lying about his condition or him being on deaths door.  


Details about TRUMP 2020 Keep on Trumpin' vinyl decal sticker in 2020 | Vinyl decal stickers ...

It might be better for Trump if he were to die.  He's going to be trounced in the election, and then he'll be dragged out of the White House on TV and taken to NYC to stand trial for tax fraud etc.  


Is that you Hillary? LOL Well don't be too sure about that, the vegas odds of Trump winning are about twice what they were in 2016 with Hillary being the favorite.  And we all know how that turned out LOL.  Joe's going to have to go back to obscurity where he belongs. Of course given his 47 year record, he's already there.



“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 2:29pm

Why would you vote for someone that knowingly has contributed to 

210,000 American people been killed by covid 19 which he knew how bad it was because the Chinese had told him.......IN JANUARY..!!!!!

Lock him in a Mental ward.....

He unfit for purpose.......

Certainly unfit to be a leader...

Liar yes leader NO


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 4:33pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: February 25 2020
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 9:13pm

You cannot blame any one person for the Covid deaths. That’s just being political. My Mom died in a nursing home after testing positive, but I can only blame the virus. Everyone was doing the best they could given what they knew at the time. I do not recall the Chinese telling Trump or anyone for that matter in January how bad it was, they hid it, remember and the WHO also covered for them. As for the actions Trump did take, he had advisors recommending what he should do and what he did do saved countless lives.I would be curious as to what you think any other President/Politician would have done differently. And remember, hindsight is everything and it was a new virus and a total lockdown was not an option in America.

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 7435
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 9:35pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/health/trump-virus-doctors.html?module=MoreInSection_AMP




Why Doctors Aren’t So Sure Trump Is Feeling Better From Covid-19

Mr. Trump’s physician has given an incomplete, upbeat picture of his health. Medical experts warn that the president is entering a pivotal, unpredictable phase.



President Trump returned to the White House after leaving the hospital on Monday. A lack of details about his treatment for Covid-19 has left an incomplete picture of his health.

President Trump returned to the White House after leaving the hospital on Monday. A lack of details about his treatment for Covid-19 has left an incomplete picture of his health.Credit...Anna Moneymaker for The New York Times

By Katie Thomas

Oct. 6, 2020


Standing on the steps of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Monday, with a phalanx of white-coated doctors behind him, the White House physician, Dr. Sean P. Conley, ticked off President Trump’s encouraging vital signs: no fever, only slightly elevated blood pressure and a blood oxygen level in the healthy range.


“He’s back,” Dr. Conley said later in the news conference.


But when reporters asked him for results of Mr. Trump’s chest X-rays and lung scans — crucial measures of how severely the president has been sickened by Covid-19 — Dr. Conley refused to answer, citing a federal law that restricts what doctors can share about patients.


Without critical data about his lung function, medical experts in Covid-19 and lung disease said they were struggling to piece together an accurate picture of how Mr. Trump is faring. They noted that while most patients with the virus do recover, it was premature to declare victory over an unpredictable, poorly understood virus that has killed more than 210,000 people in the United States.


Less than a month from Election Day, Dr. Conley’s patient, Mr. Trump, is presenting himself as strong and unfazed by the coronavirus, and seems to have instructed his doctor to steer clear of disclosing health details that might puncture his image of invulnerability.


ADVERTISEMENT


Continue reading the main story


Dr. Conley said on Tuesday that Mr. Trump was experiencing no symptoms of the disease and doing “extremely well,” though he himself cautioned on Monday that the president was not “out of the woods” and that “we will all take that final deep sigh of relief” if he still feels well next Monday.


Far from having vanquished Covid-19, the outside doctors said, Mr. Trump is most likely still struggling with it and entering a pivotal phase — seven to 10 days after the onset of symptoms — in which he could rapidly take a turn for the worse. He’s 74, male and moderately obese, factors that put him at risk for severe disease.


Help our journalists make an impact.

Support The Times. Subscribe.

“I don’t need to get in the president’s business,” said Dr. Talmadge E. King Jr., a specialist in pulmonary critical care and the dean of the UCSF School of Medicine. However, he said, “if their goal is for us to understand more completely what is going on, they have left a lot of very useful information off the table.”


Several medical experts said that based on the incomplete information Mr. Trump’s medical team had provided, the president appeared to have at least at some point experienced a severe form of Covid-19, with impairment of the lungs and a blood oxygen level below 94 percent, which is a cutoff for severe disease.


But again, Dr. Conley has not been fully forthcoming about Mr. Trump’s oxygen levels. He said that the president’s blood oxygen had dipped to 93 percent on Saturday. He was evasive about an earlier episode of low oxygen on Friday, though. When a reporter asked if Mr. Trump was ever below 90 percent, Dr. Conley said that his oxygen level had never dropped to the “low 80s,” leaving open the possibility that it had fallen into the high 80s, which experts said would be troublingly low and a sign of very serious illness.


ADVERTISEMENT


Continue reading the main story


“We go crazy when it gets to 88 percent,” Dr. King said.


Mr. Trump was twice given oxygen, Dr. Conley has said, and on Saturday was started on a steroid, dexamethasone, which is recommended only for Covid-19 patients who have severe or critical forms of the disease. Mr. Trump also received an infusion of an experimental antibody cocktail and is getting a five-day course of the antiviral drug remdesivir.



ImageDr. Sean P. Conley, President Trump’s physician, spoke to reporters outside the Walter Reed medical center on Monday, hours before the president returned to the White House.

Dr. Sean P. Conley, President Trump’s physician, spoke to reporters outside the Walter Reed medical center on Monday, hours before the president returned to the White House.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

Dr. Conley said on Monday that Mr. Trump did not need any oxygen and had not complained of trouble breathing. He said that the medical team had prescribed dexamethasone after Mr. Trump required oxygen and that the doctors had weighed the risks and benefits.


But Dr. Conley has not provided a complete list of the drugs Mr. Trump is receiving, saying, “I’m not going to go into specifics as to what he is and is not on.”


Some experts said that the decision to give Mr. Trump dexamethasone could be a sign that he was struggling with more serious Covid-19 than his doctors were revealing, or that his doctors had inappropriately prescribed him the drug.


“Does he have lung involvement? My guess is yes, because they did give him a lot of medications that they would only give to someone who did,” said Dr. Mangala Narasimhan, a pulmonologist and director of critical care services at Northwell Health in New York.


Guidelines from the World Health Organization and the National Institutes of Health recommend that dexamethasone be given only to people who need mechanical ventilation or supplemental oxygen.


ADVERTISEMENT


Continue reading the main story


A large study of the drug in the United Kingdom found that it benefited Covid-19 patients who fell into those two groups and might be risky for patients with milder symptoms, tamping down an immune system that was effectively fighting the infection rather than quieting one that had gone dangerously into overdrive.


White House Coronavirus Outbreak

Latest Updates

Updated 

Oct. 6, 2020, 2:09 p.m. ETOct. 6, 2020

Oct. 6, 2020

Mr. Trump has tweeted dozens of times since falling ill. One topic he has avoided: the 210,000 Americans who have died from the virus.

Trump calls off negotiations on a stimulus package.

Top U.S. military leaders, including the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, are quarantining after being exposed to the virus.

Dr. Craig M. Coopersmith, the director of the Emory Critical Care Center in Atlanta and a member of the National Institutes of Health panel that issued the dexamethasone guidelines, said that because Mr. Trump received at least some oxygen, his doctor’s decisions were understandable.


“Starting somebody on steroids when they hit a threshold of being in severe disease — even with low levels of oxygen — is both aggressive and reasonable,” he said.


As his treating physician, Dr. Narasimhan said she would have wanted to see the results of a lung scan, as well as lab tests showing inflammation and immune response. “We would watch those things very carefully, which we don’t have,” she said.


On Saturday, Dr. Conley noted that Mr. Trump had fared well on a spirometry test, which measures lung capacity. “He’s maxing it out,” Dr. Conley said. “He’s doing great.”


However, Dr. Narasimhan and others said a spirometry test was virtually meaningless with Covid-19 patients. “It doesn’t tell us anything and it’s not something we use in this disease,” she said.


Lacking crucial details from the president’s medical team, some outside doctors tried another tack — evaluating the patient themselves. On Monday, in a highly choreographed event that was covered live on some cable channels, Mr. Trump was flown to the White House, where he left the Marine One helicopter, crossed the lawn and walked up a set of stairs, to what looked like an illuminated stage set. At the top, he removed his mask, placed it in his pocket and flashed two thumbs up.


ADVERTISEMENT


Continue reading the main story

For many, it was a political stunt. For Dr. King of UCSF, who was watching on C-SPAN, the return to the White House was an opportunity to observe how the president breathed.


“As a pulmonologist, he did two things for me: He did a walk test, and he did a stair-climbing test,” Dr. King said, adding that even with the availability of sophisticated technology, lung doctors still rely on these old-fashioned tests “to just get a picture of how the patient’s doing.”


Dr. King said what he saw concerned him. Mr. Trump paused twice while walking across the lawn — whether to wave to cameras or to catch his breath, he said was not clear — and then appeared to be gasping for breath at the top of the stairs. He and others said Mr. Trump used his neck muscles to help him breathe, a classic sign that someone’s lungs are not taking in enough oxygen.


“This suggests that something’s going on, I don’t know what or to what extent,” Dr. King said. “Any pulmonologist, I think looking at that would give them pause. And you’d say, well, what else do I not know about his condition that I would want to know?”


Dr. Ilan Schwartz, an infectious disease doctor and assistant professor at the University of Alberta, agreed. “As a physician, I would refrain from commenting on somebody whom I haven’t examined,” he said. “But in this case, the clinical signs are so obvious that it can be seen from a distance, even on a short two- or three-second clip.”



The odds are that Mr. Trump will recover from the virus, said Dr. Michelle Prickett, an associate professor in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.


ADVERTISEMENT


Continue reading the main story


“The vast majority of patients that have this will get better, and anyone who has treated this is hoping that every patient is in that category,” she said. But for doctors like her who have treated many Covid-19 patients, “we’ve all seen too many examples of worst-case scenarios.”


Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 82490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 1:44am

Originally posted by JellyMama JellyMama wrote:

You cannot blame any one person for the Covid deaths. That’s just being political. My Mom died in a nursing home after testing positive, but I can only blame the virus. Everyone was doing the best they could given what they knew at the time. I do not recall the Chinese telling Trump or anyone for that matter in January how bad it was, they hid it, remember and the WHO also covered for them. As for the actions Trump did take, he had advisors recommending what he should do and what he did do saved countless lives.I would be curious as to what you think any other President/Politician would have done differently. And remember, hindsight is everything and it was a new virus and a total lockdown was not an option in America.

So sorry to hear of your mum, Jellymama.  That is tough!  You have my sympathy.

You are also right about the WHO covering up for China.  I can even agree with Trump calling this "The China virus" - it is.  We still call ebola after the river whose banks it first appeared on.  I still call this "The Wu".  Things get named after their percieved point of origin; that is just the way things work.  No one gets told off for: "The Spanish Flu" (even though that started in China).  To avoid the origin label for just one country is racist itself.  

But Trump lied about the virus; he still is lying.  If people knew how dangerous it was earlier, locked down earlier and harder, wore masks, socially distanced and followed more "test and trace" proceedings, as his science staff advised, fewer people would be dead and less would be dying now. He is not alone in making mistakes, but as POTUS, the buck stops there. (Except for in other countries like mine, which messed up too. I may jab at Trump but he is not a lone a**h**e. There is a whole family of them - Xi, Putin, Bolsonaro, Kim - I could go on Oh, Johnson too- and I voted for him, I'm kicking myself!) . Again, I agree, not January; but we knew in February and almost everyone knew by March. Back then the WHO was desperately begging everyone to test and trace.

Who did better with that information?   Canada and most scandi-wegian countries* for a start, South Korea, all of "Oceania" - my favourite example is New Zealand, but they are a large family too. Australia, for instance did far better than us. Even China itself did better in the end - once it became obvious that lying would not work anymore. They forced compliance from their people. New Zealand simply asked them, told the truth and followed their own rules alongside their people; 25 deaths so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a story from today's Guardian - a rather 'left-wing rag' by my standards, but I read anything.  I'm not proud:

Top story: Billionaires ‘worried by own sheer wealth’

 

Welcome to Wednesday morning with me, Warren Murray. Here are the stories that are definitely worth a look.

 

The world’s billionaires have grown their fortunes by more than a quarter to a record $10.2tn (£7.8tn) during the coronavirus pandemic, the Swiss bank UBS says. This surge came at the height of the crisis from April to July as millions of people around the world lost their jobs or were pushed on to government schemes. Josef Stadler, UBS’s head of super-rich banking, said they were able to buy shares when markets were crashing and were rewarded when global stocks rebounded. Elon Musk has made the most money so far this year with his fortune increasing by $76bn to $103bn, according to the Bloomberg billionaires index, while Jeff Bezos has increased his wealth by $74bn to a total of $189bn on the back of the surge in Amazon’s share price.

 

Luke Hilyard, executive director of the High Pay Centre, said the “extreme wealth concentration is an ugly phenomenon from a moral perspective, but it’s also economically and socially destructive”. Stadler said billionaires were aware the extent of their riches could lead to public and political anger. “Is there a risk they may be singled out by society?  Yes,”  he said.  “We’re at an inflection point. Wealth concentration is as high as in 1905, this is something billionaires are concerned about. The problem is the power of interest on interest – that makes big money bigger and, the question is to what extent is that sustainable and at what point will society intervene and strike back?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I blame Trump for all the deaths?  No.  But I do hold him responsible for the huge numbers.  Had he told the truth, I firmly believe the numbers would be half the size or smaller.


All of which does not lessen your pain.  Your personal tragedy is hard enough without my wittering on, so sorry again.  Although I lost people to this disease, no one that close.  My sympathies again.









*Not Sweden, which has had a huge death toll - which looks even worse when viewed through the lens of population density.  They are a naturally socially distanced people and their very capital city is actually a collection of islands.

ERCD
Back to Top
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser


Joined: January 20 2014
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Points: 24780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 1:48am

“As a pulmonologist, he did two things for me: He did a walk test, and he did a stair-climbing test,” said Dr. Talmadge E. King Jr., a specialist in pulmonary critical care and the dean of the UCSF School of Medicine. He added that lung doctors still rely on tests like these “to just get a picture of how the patient’s doing.”

He and others said that at the top of the stairs, Mr. Trump used his neck muscles to help him breathe — a classic sign that someone’s lungs are not taking in enough oxygen.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stephen-miller-tests-positive-coronavirus_n_5f7cf516c5b6e5aba0d1a446


CRS, DrPH
Back to Top
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser


Joined: January 20 2014
Location: Arizona
Status: Offline
Points: 24780
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 1:52am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:



Is that you Hillary? LOL Well don't be too sure about that, the vegas odds of Trump winning are about twice what they were in 2016 with Hillary being the favorite.  And we all know how that turned out LOL.  Joe's going to have to go back to obscurity where he belongs. Of course given his 47 year record, he's already there.









I will really be curious to see if you are still posting on this website after Trump loses the election & is carted off to prison in New York.  

If he lives that long. 

https://www.thelist.com/256968/heres-why-donald-trump-gasping-is-trending-on-twitter/

CRS, DrPH
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 2:56am

Maybe Mr Biden

Might insist on a drug test before the next debate....tee hee...



Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 3:20am




Hey AI, I don't think the guys spraying inside the White House have been listening to you, 

They wearing masks !!!!! wtf....fools.....


maybe you better call your mate chump and complain about the waste of your tax $$$$

Apparently they don't work........😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😜😉

Stay safe.....all 



Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 3:50am

Must be a limey/pommie

Thing

The Independent: James Corden mocks Trump with musical coronavirus parody of Paul McCartney classic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/james-corden-mocks-trump-musical-coronavirus-parody-paul-mccartney-classic-b858228.html


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member


Joined: May 01 2013
Location: Arnhem-Netherla
Status: Offline
Points: 47087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 6:51am
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 18785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 7:53am

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 11:14am

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:



Is that you Hillary? LOL Well don't be too sure about that, the vegas odds of Trump winning are about twice what they were in 2016 with Hillary being the favorite.  And we all know how that turned out LOL.  Joe's going to have to go back to obscurity where he belongs. Of course given his 47 year record, he's already there.









I will really be curious to see if you are still posting on this website after Trump loses the election & is carted off to prison in New York.  

If he lives that long. 

https://www.thelist.com/256968/heres-why-donald-trump-gasping-is-trending-on-twitter/

And I'll be curious to see just how many are still posting their political drivel opinions after he wins. And just how loud the whining and crying will be from the leftist and if it'll be louder than 2016. I wonder how many buildings they'll burn down in "protest" amid cries of doing away with the electoral college.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 14595
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 2:27pm

Oh, on the off chance he wins it'll get much MUCH worse.  But not to worry, we'll still ignore you. 

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Oh, on the off chance he wins it'll get much MUCH worse.  But not to worry, we'll still ignore you. 

Like you ever saying anything useful or pertinent that's based in fact anyway. Speculation and woo woo or just plain wrong is your style.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 3:37pm





The only thing wrong here is 

Chump killing 210 thousand people through his desire to get a 2nd term......

If you can't see that then you need to go back  to neverland......


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 18150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 3:38pm

It would be really helpful if some proper medical reporting were released by the government. If only they would release honest information it would prove really useful to the people. For example, Melania is obviously in good physical shape and by the muscle tone of her arms alone, she obviously works out. Now it appears she's having a much easier ride of the virus than the president is, so if would be useful if the official doctors would tell people how being slim and fit can help people  - afterall we all know that being overweight increases the chances of complications. 

And by that same measure, if only they'd be honest about Trump. Right now they are trying to make people believe that a 74 year old man, who is obese, who doesn't exercise and lives off fast food can breeze through the disease. It's such false information and will only lull people into a false sense of security. And that's not to mention that he's getting the best possible medical treatment and access to drugs that other people can't get. 

Boris Johnson's experience of Covid was more honest and he was man enough to say that his weight made things worse and since then he's been exercising and dieting to lose weight. I can respect him for his honesty.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:





The only thing wrong here is 

Chump killing 210 thousand people through his desire to get a 2nd term......

If you can't see that then you need to go back  to neverland......


Riding your little 2 dollar pony again huh giddy up lil Trumpy.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 4:15pm






"facts don't care about your feelings"..........

Fact:

 210 thousand dead Americans......

Over 600 thousand people griveing......

For lost loved ones because of a virus

That chump knew was going to be bad in January......

But No he needs to be re-elected at

 ALL COSTS......

"FACTS......dont care about your love for a Orange faced Clown".......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:






"facts don't care about your feelings"..........

Fact:

 210 thousand dead Americans......

Over 600 thousand people griveing......

For lost loved ones because of a virus

That chump knew was going to be bad in January......

But No he needs to be re-elected at

 ALL COSTS......

"FACTS......dont care about your love for a Orange faced Clown".......

LOL yeah it's all his fault. What a joke you are. You obviously have no understanding of what was done by the federal government or the state governments in regards to covid. Live in your little world of political woo woo. And don't forget global warming is going to kill us all, but AU is going first LOL

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 4:57pm





The only thing that will save the planet from us is a 

"slate wiper"

Something that I have long advocated on here........

It is his fault that USA is in the bad state it's in now.......

Take off the rose tinted specs.......

Wake up......... 

Rather be here than there......

Mask free, virus free...... 

following the science......

Bussiness booming......

"He who laughs last".....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 8:31pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:






.

Mask free, virus free...... 

following the science......

Bussiness booming......

"He who laughs last".....

Didn't we hear that before then it all changed and you locked down half the country? LOL It's not if it's going to come to WA only when. Sneaking little cold virus. Oh really business in AU is booming huh. Talk about rose colored glasses. LOL

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: February 25 2020
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 10:32pm

Thank you Technophobe for your kind words. Comments made after yours revert back to the same name calling, childish word exchanges that I’m so sick of. People can have a differing opinion without calling each other names. And as for Trump, ya’ll better hope he wins or socialism and/or the far left will prevail. As for you Non-Americans, you have no knowledge of our American ways and why Americans act the way they do. From our founding, Americans have fought against any type of government control over us and a mask mandate or keeping the US shut down any longer than it was would not have been tolerated. I wear a mask always, but for the most part it is my choice. Our Constitution would not have allowed Trump to mandate masks, the governors would have to do that. And quit being disrespectful by calling President Trump “Chump”. I don’t care if you like him or not. And I watched his daily coronavirus briefings everyday and he did not downplay or not tell people how serious it was. Ya’ll are just repeating the highly edited quotes from the news media. Get a grip people. Stick to discussing the virus and this site may gain back some credibility.

Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 18785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 10:51pm

If the Constitution does not allow masks to be made mandatory then is the requirement to wear seat belts in cars illegal, or is it Constitutionally illegal to insist the women are not allow to go topless?  Even the Bible tells how God allowed Eve to run around naked in the garden - so if that is how women were created then why insist that they be covered up?


This reminds me of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, where a robot had been constructed to blend in on earth and one of the requirements what that it could hold seven (my memory could be wrong on the actual number) totally incompatible ideas at any one time without that creating any conflict in its operation.     Looking at the mask debate is is clear that the logic applied to not wearing masks is not applied in other areas of life.  


Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 49851
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 12:59am



😉


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 82490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 5:26am

Why should I be anything other than polite to you, Jellymama?  You have never been rude to me.  As far as I can tell, you have never been rude to anyone, however much you might disagree on some things.  I wish more people were like you, it would help everyone move toward a ballance point and learn from each other - which is the whole BL**DY point of this site!  

I wish I could offer more comfort than a few words.  It is a paltry heart's-ease I can share.  But not for want of wishing.

ERCD
Back to Top
Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member


Joined: February 13 2020
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 1450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 9:07am

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

If the Constitution does not allow masks to be made mandatory then is the requirement to wear seat belts in cars illegal, or is it Constitutionally illegal to insist the women are not allow to go topless?  Even the Bible tells how God allowed Eve to run around naked in the garden - so if that is how women were created then why insist that they be covered up?


This reminds me of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, where a robot had been constructed to blend in on earth and one of the requirements what that it could hold seven (my memory could be wrong on the actual number) totally incompatible ideas at any one time without that creating any conflict in its operation.     Looking at the mask debate is is clear that the logic applied to not wearing masks is not applied in other areas of life.  


 

I know that it is hard for those who don’t live here to understand, but the mask laws are the same as the seatbelt laws, they are mandated by the states, not the federal government.  Did you know that not every state requires adults to wear seatbelts?  Most states have laws requiring that seatbelts be worn and most people wear them, but it is not a federal law.  So yes, it would be unconstitutional for the federal government to require seatbelts. (I’m not going to talk about laws requiring clothes, but they too are local laws.). 

We take local government very seriously here. My state has set up a color coded system to let people know how their county is doing.  The interesting thing is that when a county has a lot of cases, it is up to local governments and local health departments to decide what to do.

  It is not a perfect system, people fall through the cracks, but it is our system and overall it works.  So this is why we blame the individual states so much.  We know that they are the ones with the real power.  



Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 18150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by Little House Little House wrote:

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

If the Constitution does not allow masks to be made mandatory then is the requirement to wear seat belts in cars illegal, or is it Constitutionally illegal to insist the women are not allow to go topless?  Even the Bible tells how God allowed Eve to run around naked in the garden - so if that is how women were created then why insist that they be covered up?


This reminds me of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, where a robot had been constructed to blend in on earth and one of the requirements what that it could hold seven (my memory could be wrong on the actual number) totally incompatible ideas at any one time without that creating any conflict in its operation.     Looking at the mask debate is is clear that the logic applied to not wearing masks is not applied in other areas of life.  


 

I know that it is hard for those who don’t live here to understand, but the mask laws are the same as the seatbelt laws, they are mandated by the states, not the federal government.  Did you know that not every state requires adults to wear seatbelts?  Most states have laws requiring that seatbelts be worn and most people wear them, but it is not a federal law.  So yes, it would be unconstitutional for the federal government to require seatbelts. (I’m not going to talk about laws requiring clothes, but they too are local laws.). 

We take local government very seriously here. My state has set up a color coded system to let people know how their county is doing.  The interesting thing is that when a county has a lot of cases, it is up to local governments and local health departments to decide what to do.

  It is not a perfect system, people fall through the cracks, but it is our system and overall it works.  So this is why we blame the individual states so much.  We know that they are the ones with the real power.  



How interesting about the seat belts. So if you drive from one state that doesn't make you wear seat belts into the neighbouring state that does make you wear them, is there a sort of border crossing where you get informed about the change? Or is it just a road with a sign saying "welcome to Kentucky" and nothing else? If you didn't know you could end up in trouble. It must be like mainland Europe with each state being almost like it's own little country with it's own laws. 

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member


Joined: February 13 2020
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 1450
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 3:28pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

How interesting about the seat belts. So if you drive from one state that doesn't make you wear seat belts into the neighbouring state that does make you wear them, is there a sort of border crossing where you get informed about the change? Or is it just a road with a sign saying "welcome to Kentucky" and nothing else? If you didn't know you could end up in trouble. It must be like mainland Europe with each state being almost like it's own little country with it's own laws. 

Some states post their laws on signs on the interstate (speed limits, what to do when you see a police officer on the side of the road, seatbelt laws and other things as well).  I have heard that it is recommended to look up state laws in every state that you will be traveling in, but I never have and I have never had any trouble.  Like mask laws, if something is new or different it will be posted so that people know.

Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 18785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2020 at 10:53pm

Thanks Little House for that information.     So a  law requiring people to wear face masks is not in itself unconstitutional, its legality  depends on who issues or cannot issue the order, and from what you say the President can not issue the order.  

However, the President has a lot of influence and he could still use his influence to encourage safe health practices, but he has chosen to go another route


Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 14595
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 4:46am

 Although there is nothing specific about this, there can be an Executive Order under the Public Health Service Act directing the Surgeon General to make and enforce regulations that are, in his/her judgement, necessary. So yes.  The POTUS can enable the mandate of mask wearing.  


You're welcome.

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 82490
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 5:16am

But apparently not, if it messes up his chances of re-election.

ERCD
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 14595
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 6:53am

There's the rub, Technophobe.  

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

 Although there is nothing specific about this, there can be an Executive Order under the Public Health Service Act directing the Surgeon General to make and enforce regulations that are, in his/her judgement, necessary. So yes.  The POTUS can enable the mandate of mask wearing.  


You're welcome.

You are wrong, completely yet again.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10530

 

Even Hidin Joe Dementia Biden changed his tune regarding the Presidents authority to issue a mask mandate through an EO.

https://reason.com/2020/09/18/biden-and-trump-now-agree-the-president-has-no-authority-to-impose-a-nationwide-mask-mandate/

You are welcome.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: February 25 2020
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2020 at 11:49pm

If masks reduce the spread, wouldn’t Trump want everyone to wear masks to reduce the spread so he could get reelected if that was his goal? I’m not saying masks are ineffective but if you think Trump is doing or not doing things to get re-elected, then it doesn’t make any sense.

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Online
Points: 8390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2020 at 12:24am

Originally posted by JellyMama JellyMama wrote:

If masks reduce the spread, wouldn’t Trump want everyone to wear masks to reduce the spread so he could get reelected if that was his goal? I’m not saying masks are ineffective but if you think Trump is doing or not doing things to get re-elected, then it doesn’t make any sense.

Logic and liberals don't get along so well.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down