Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
123456
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why are there so many "idiots" ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic since 2005; Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic Discussion Forum.

Why are there so many "idiots" ?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 19465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

For those few heartless sceptics on here, who still think this is overblown, poor Me163 first told us he had been sick in mid May 2020.  That is more than a full 8 months sick.  AND IT'S NOT OVER FOR HIM YET!

OK, most of us are lucky enough not to have got so sick, or caught it at all. But if Me163 was the only sufferer on Earth, that would still be one person too many to go through all that.

Wow. Get well soon ME163. I don't think enough attention is given to the long covid sufferers. I have a friend in Ireland who's had it since May and is still suffering. It's really affecting him and he's only 40.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 8:23pm

What I'm worried about, Carbon, is that so many people cannot see the equivalency between Nazi Germany and what has gone on in the States the past 5 years.  And they don't want to see it.


Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

What I'm worried about, Carbon, is that so many people cannot see the equivalency between Nazi Germany and what has gone on in the States the past 5 years.  And they don't want to see it.


Yep......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Online
Points: 20550
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 12:16am

One evening, one bar, 80 infections, 1000+ quarantined 

A  student event was cancelled, but 150 showed up anyway. So over half present were infected. 


https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/one_evening_one_bar_80_infections_1000_quarantined/11760826

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 9:31am

THIS ^ is what I'm talking about.  Stupid f***s!

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 10:31am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 The only question I have is how long did you search for a video of those "heavily armed" and "armed to the teeth" protesters before you realized you couldn't find even one in the hundreds of video's of the Capital protest and said that miserable SOB AI was right? And those of Trump ordering the "huge numbers of the military to crush the protesters"??? Still waiting, take your time, I'm patient.

 KiwiMum is a farmer and such an amazing one she once bottled a whole cow.  She practices ecologically friendly and sustainable farming.  That takes extra work, in an already heavy-workload profession.  I know, I live on a farm myself and am in profound awe of her adopted workload.  I can't see her searching for a specific clip, she is just too buisy.  There are only 24 hours in a day.

AND

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 Now you can't use "armed to the teeth" because that's not what she meant LOL. Maybe "armed to the ankle bone" is what she meant. Seems about right.

 Pipe bombs and molotov coctails arent armed to the teeth now?   What am I missing here?    Are they not armed to the teeth because no one has nukes?   I'm sure they would have if they were available.

AI, you also point out that the guards did not seem to treat this as an insurrection.  You use this as an argument that the rioters were not considered a serious threat.

Is it not more likely, that there were sympathisers among the guards and the lack of fight-back was itself evidence of ingrained fascist leanings?   Because that is what it looked like to me.  How else can you explain the genteel treatment of an armed mob invading the capitol? 


All you seem to be persuading folk of around here, is your own inability to see the other side.


Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 19465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 10:48am

Techno, I don't bother reading AI's posts anymore, let alone responding to them. Life's too short to attempt to engage a pedant in a discussion, it's never going to get beyond the semantics. I hadn't read that one, I just skimmed over it to the next post in the discussion.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 11:15am

I grok that KiwiMum, I left it alone  for a couple of days so people would have time to notice the Me163 posts first.  But his borderline insults do rather get my goat.  I even left out his deliberate misquotes of myself (like many of his other posts, which I can't be bothered replying to) but I like the people he attacks; yourself, Carbon, ViQueen and Witchy for instance and would hate to leave the impression that we collectively condone his attitudes.

I like to think we are a polite and caring lot, for the most part;  if I did not believe that, I would not bother to be a Moderator   Sadly, this whole debacle rather lowered the tone.  

So I find AI's pugnacity hard to ignore.  My appologies.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 2:20pm

I think first of all, AI just likes to argue, he likes the attention.  Secondly, for him perhaps in this issue, "armed to the teeth" might equal two hip holsters, two shoulder holsters, a knife in each boot, two Molotov cocktails, ten pipe bombs, some plastique, tear gas, two stun guns, AND a knife in their teeth, to be armed to the teeth.  Since they "only" had a fraction of that they were only "armed to the ankles."  Of course, ALL weapons are forbidden in the Capitol.

Also, I did hear commentary on CBS that Trump only wanted enough security to prevent counter-demonstrators from harming his supporters.  He characterized his supporters as "peaceful" and either didn't believe his supporters would break the law, or he intended them to.  Since he was described as "excited" by the rioting, and he couldn't understand why others watching news coverage of the uprising with him weren't excited too, I'm going with the latter.  The fact that he resisted sending sufficient security for this reason is addressed obliquely below.  Obviously, Trump was still in charge and the source was afraid of reprisals if he was direct.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-officials-bypass-donald-trump-protect-dc-insurrection-after-capitol-riot-1559803

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 2:54pm

Cannot These people see what a laughing stock America is looking to the rest of the world........

From the absolute debarcale of the "Covid war" the Chump was "on top of"

To the disgusted behaviour of a sitting president and to say he can not be impeached because he is no longer in office ,is like saying a thief cannot be tried if he wasn't caught with his hand in the till....

To the abhorrent behaviour of this B..ch Greene what stone did that crawl from under.......

My Good God.......

What is wrong in America......

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Cannot These people see what a laughing stock America is looking to the rest of the world........

Apparently not,  I have even heard Trump supporters claiming that he: "Restored America's International Reputation."

 

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 4:57pm

I heard a Republican senator say the other day, that the Chinese just walked into Hong Kong unchallenged!!!!!!!!!......

WTF planet are these 

Clowns on .....

Seriously....

I MEAN SERIOUSLY.....

talk about DUMB AND DUMBER.......

take care all 😷😉


Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 6:27pm


Just because you delete something doesn't make it like you unsaid it.......or disagreed with what was in post ........

like to see her walk back the harrassment of that school massacre.survivor.....



CNN: Marjorie Taylor Greene removes social media posts amid scrutiny of past controversial comments.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics/kfile-marjorie-taylor-greene-removes-social-media-posts/index.html

Just total SCUM.........

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 9:54am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 The only question I have is how long did you search for a video of those "heavily armed" and "armed to the teeth" protesters before you realized you couldn't find even one in the hundreds of video's of the Capital protest and said that miserable SOB AI was right? And those of Trump ordering the "huge numbers of the military to crush the protesters"??? Still waiting, take your time, I'm patient.

 KiwiMum is a farmer and such an amazing one she once bottled a whole cow.  She practices ecologically friendly and sustainable farming.  That takes extra work, in an already heavy-workload profession.  I know, I live on a farm myself and am in profound awe of her adopted workload.  I can't see her searching for a specific clip, she is just too buisy.  There are only 24 hours in a day.

AND

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 Now you can't use "armed to the teeth" because that's not what she meant LOL. Maybe "armed to the ankle bone" is what she meant. Seems about right.

 Pipe bombs and molotov coctails arent armed to the teeth now?   What am I missing here?    Are they not armed to the teeth because no one has nukes?   I'm sure they would have if they were available.

AI, you also point out that the guards did not seem to treat this as an insurrection.  You use this as an argument that the rioters were not considered a serious threat.

Is it not more likely, that there were sympathisers among the guards and the lack of fight-back was itself evidence of ingrained fascist leanings?   Because that is what it looked like to me.  How else can you explain the genteel treatment of an armed mob invading the capitol? 


All you seem to be persuading folk of around here, is your own inability to see the other side.


It's estimated 30,000 were the number of people at the DC Capitol protest on Nov 6th. There are video after video of these so called "armed mobs" and yet you see no long rifles and no pistols. And you would hardly have to spend any time at all to find a video of those "armed mobs" if it were true, but it's not, so you can't. So your "busy" excuse for the kiwi's inability to substantiate her blatantly false claims is just pathetic. I must say though how very nice of you to back up a friend even when they are clearly wrong. 

  There were half a dozen firearms confiscated from protesters either on federal grounds or in the vicinity and they were arrested.

Simple math says that is .02% of the estimated 30,000. 

So your saying that .02% of those protesters that was armed constitutes an "armed mob"? And for the sake of argument lets say that 10X that number were armed and didn't get caught with weapons. Does .2% of those 30,000 protesters validate claiming that they were all an "armed mob" when 99.8% were not ? Hardly.

So instead of saying there were a fraction of the protesters armed, you paint the entire group as an armed mob, how very convenient. Just not factual and it clearly shows your inability as well as everyone else's who supports such claims to be able to deal with the actual reality of the situation and the facts that pertain to it by backing the subsequent claims by kiwi regarding the event. 

And love the way you threw in nukes in the mix,(nice) it adds a very melodramatic touch, consistent with kiwi's other false claims. How liberally fanatical of you to ignore reality and the facts to push and back a narrative that is clearly false.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 10:44am

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 The only question I have is how long did you search for a video of those "heavily armed" and "armed to the teeth" protesters before you realized you couldn't find even one in the hundreds of video's of the Capital protest and said that miserable SOB AI was right? And those of Trump ordering the "huge numbers of the military to crush the protesters"??? Still waiting, take your time, I'm patient.

 KiwiMum is a farmer and such an amazing one she once bottled a whole cow.  She practices ecologically friendly and sustainable farming.  That takes extra work, in an already heavy-workload profession.  I know, I live on a farm myself and am in profound awe of her adopted workload.  I can't see her searching for a specific clip, she is just too buisy.  There are only 24 hours in a day.

AND

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

 Now you can't use "armed to the teeth" because that's not what she meant LOL. Maybe "armed to the ankle bone" is what she meant. Seems about right.

 Pipe bombs and molotov coctails arent armed to the teeth now?   What am I missing here?    Are they not armed to the teeth because no one has nukes?   I'm sure they would have if they were available.

AI, you also point out that the guards did not seem to treat this as an insurrection.  You use this as an argument that the rioters were not considered a serious threat.



And where exactly were those items found? Not on the Capitol grounds. The actions of a few deranged individuals are not to be construed as the actions of the many. Isn't that exactly what you have been saying in regards to the riots this summer regarding the looting and arson that occurred? 

And even if we throw out the looting as opportunistic behavior which it probably was, that still leaves all the acts of arson and businesses burned this summer. So was that done by protesters or by deranged individuals? 

So either you were wrong then about the actions of the protesters as a whole this summer or you are wrong now about the actions of protesters as a whole at the Capitol . Which is it? Because your position seems to be directly contradicting itself.


And as far as the tactical unit's actions in close proximity to the shooting of the unarmed protester in the Capital building, your claim of them being in cahoots with the protesters is laughable as that is not what the video shows. They accessed the threat and acted accordingly.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 10:53am

No one in this summer's protests attempted to interfere in government/election business.

No one in this summer's protests commited acts of sedition or attempted a coup.


Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 11:28am

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

No one in this summer's protests attempted to interfere in government/election business.

No one in this summer's protests commited acts of sedition or attempted a coup.


Both protests had aspects of violence. Violence is violence. To condone one and condemn the other is hypocritical. Really so a police station burned down isn't a place of local/state government business? Trying to burn down a federal government courthouse for weeks is what? My my you were kinda quiet as was virtually everyone else on here about this summers insurrection. And as you can see by the definition below that is exactly what it was.


Definition of insurrection


an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established governmenthttps://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection
“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 2:49pm

AI ,

Would you agree that the people  at the insurrection, riot,

Where there at the bequest  of a sitting president  ,

who  incited his supporters  ,from the  minute  he LOST an election,

 if fact from weeks before to go to that building 

And to try and stop the Democratic  process  from going forward ..........?

And do you have any understanding as to what it's making Americans look like to the rest of the world  ?

Do you care........

In a previous  comment  you said something  like "you can't tell people   what to do in their own houses"

That's a bit rich Americans been invading  countries for years trying  to impose their will........

With the result that millions of people  around the world  hate America and all its stands for .........

.what does that big statue in the harbour  stand for ??

I have said before, believe it or not, 

I am a defender of our way of life ,(and of America which is hard at times )

by that I mean a western  Democratic fair way......

This is not what we are  seeing in America  right now....

All this when your country  really needs to pull together.....

Russia, China, Iran,Muslim brotherhood, 

all rubbing there hands with glee at your demise.......

We on the other hand holding our heads in shame ,sadness and disbelief  at what we are seeing........

My 85 yrs old mother in UK  has very fond memories of the  Americans during ww2.......

She said to me the other day she thinks all Americas are nuts!!!!!!.....

Take care all ............




Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 6:38pm

You have an amazing ability to twist words, AI.  For instance, you accused me of changing my stance on lockdowns (which I said I believed in) because I pointed out that simply locking down the most vulnerable did not work.  That is not a lockdown, its failure is the reason full lockdowns are better,.

But you can't see anything written without twisting it.

I have never conversed with anyone more 'determined to win at any cost' than you.  I know I can't win an argument with you, because, like KiwiMum, I don't have the time to go through your posts and the internet to find a tiny thread to unravel.  

So, I will take the time to unpick your first argument only.  Arms confiscated are not the same as arms present.

I now know why you think Kiwimum spent so long researching an argument; you do it yourself.

Well sorry to dissapoint.  I have a life outside of AFT.  You are simply not worth my time.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

You have an amazing ability to twist words, AI.  For instance, you accused me of changing my stance on lockdowns (which I said I believed in) because I pointed out that simply locking down the most vulnerable did not work.  That is not a lockdown, its failure is the reason full lockdowns are better,.

But you can't see anything written without twisting it.

I have never conversed with anyone more 'determined to win at any cost' than you.  I know I can't win an argument with you, because, like KiwiMum, I don't have the time to go through your posts and the internet to find a tiny thread to unravel.  

So, I will take the time to unpick your first argument only.  Arms confiscated are not the same as arms present.

I now know why you think Kiwimum spent so long researching an argument; you do it yourself.

Well sorry to dissapoint.  I have a life outside of AFT.  You are simply not worth my time.

Hardly spent any time at all researching. Didn't have to with such weak and thin points and stances to unravel. They practically fell apart themselves with little help. But that's how it is with a house of cards built without the basis of fact. And I accounted for possible arms present  but not confiscated by a factor of X10, because I knew you would say that. You'r too predictable. Guess you missed that part. LOL

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 10:45am

When this summer's protests were going on, I was dealing with my mother being in the hospital, the halfway house for occupational therapy, and her coming home and almost immediately having a recurrence of C. Diff., all of which I wrote about on this site.  The sum total of my feelings on this summer's protests were, therefore, confined to my blog, which is accessible to anyone.  Like Techno, I have a life outside AFT.  If someone wants to call me a hypocrite, or whatever, they may knock themselves out at their leisure.  No one is on my payroll for the purpose of thinking.  Some light reading for anyone concerned:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/22/who-caused-violence-protests-its-not-antifa/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/outside-influence-extremists-riots-us/index.html

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/07/white-supremacists-infiltrated-black-lives-matter-protest-in-richmond-instigate-riots

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests

About 10,600 protests last summer.  93-96% peaceful.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/blm-protests-peaceful-report-trnd/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/16/this-summers-black-lives-matter-protesters-were-overwhelming-peaceful-our-research-finds/

Oh, and by the by -- scale.  Perspective.  Obviously, burning down a police station is local law enforcement business.  It is horribly wrong.  Putting the safety of those in that community at risk, I hope they throw the book at the people responsible.  At least one of whom I understand is a Boogaloo Boi:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

But it's not the same as attempting to subvert the results of a legitimate, fair national election.

False equivalences.

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 6:53pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

When this summer's protests were going on, I was dealing with my mother being in the hospital, the halfway house for occupational therapy, and her coming home and almost immediately having a recurrence of C. Diff., all of which I wrote about on this site.  The sum total of my feelings on this summer's protests were, therefore, confined to my blog, which is accessible to anyone.  Like Techno, I have a life outside AFT.  If someone wants to call me a hypocrite, or whatever, they may knock themselves out at their leisure.  No one is on my payroll for the purpose of thinking.  Some light reading for anyone concerned:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/22/who-caused-violence-protests-its-not-antifa/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/outside-influence-extremists-riots-us/index.html

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/07/white-supremacists-infiltrated-black-lives-matter-protest-in-richmond-instigate-riots

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests

About 10,600 protests last summer.  93-96% peaceful.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/blm-protests-peaceful-report-trnd/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/16/this-summers-black-lives-matter-protesters-were-overwhelming-peaceful-our-research-finds/

Oh, and by the by -- scale.  Perspective.  Obviously, burning down a police station is local law enforcement business.  It is horribly wrong.  Putting the safety of those in that community at risk, I hope they throw the book at the people responsible.  At least one of whom I understand is a Boogaloo Boi:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/23/texas-boogaloo-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd

But it's not the same as attempting to subvert the results of a legitimate, fair national election.

False equivalences.

Violence is Violence. Yep so "overwhelmingly peaceful" 84,600 National Guard were called out to respond to all that "peace" mainly by democrat state governors. 220 buildings burned to the ground in Minneapolis alone so yeah scale LOL




“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: September 16 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 2597
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 8:09pm

One of the things  I remember is the  capitol being assaulted. I was in the nursing home TV room. I heard a voice from behind me say, that's how it was done in Germany.   i turned around and saw one of  the oldest residents of the nursing home, " Herman " was a young man during the war.  He was upset that they attacked the US capitol .  He was very emotional about it.  So, these people are not idiots, just neo nazis .   Herman pulled out his reference books and we talked about the scene unfolding behind us....    I have a vested interest in being opposed to nazis and their types.   Before the ovens were used n the camps, before the gas chambers were used against jewish or polish people, they were used against disabled germans.   

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

AI ,

Would you agree that the people  at the insurrection, riot,

Where there at the bequest  of a sitting president  ,

who  incited his supporters  ,from the  minute  he LOST an election,

 if fact from weeks before to go to that building 

And to try and stop the Democratic  process  from going forward ..........?

And do you have any understanding as to what it's making Americans look like to the rest of the world  ?

Do you care........

In a previous  comment  you said something  like "you can't tell people   what to do in their own houses"

That's a bit rich Americans been invading  countries for years trying  to impose their will........

With the result that millions of people  around the world  hate America and all its stands for .........

.what does that big statue in the harbour  stand for ??

I have said before, believe it or not, 

I am a defender of our way of life ,(and of America which is hard at times )

by that I mean a western  Democratic fair way......

This is not what we are  seeing in America  right now....

All this when your country  really needs to pull together.....

Russia, China, Iran,Muslim brotherhood, 

all rubbing there hands with glee at your demise.......

We on the other hand holding our heads in shame ,sadness and disbelief  at what we are seeing........

My 85 yrs old mother in UK  has very fond memories of the  Americans during ww2.......

She said to me the other day she thinks all Americas are nuts!!!!!!.....

Take care all ............




Be nice for a reply....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 4:05am

And now we see the result of chumps loony lies about the American  election.......

An excuse  for all the tinpot dictators  to call their elections

Fixed.......

"If it can happen in the great democracy  of America  it can happen any  where"........

Reuters: Suu Kyi's party demands her release as Myanmar generals tighten grip.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-myanmar-politics/suu-kyis-party-demands-her-release-as-myanmar-generals-tighten-grip-idUSKBN2A139S?feedType=mktg&feedName=topNews&WT.mc_id=Partner-Google

Take care all......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 10:21am

We're wasting our time, Carbon.  Steak Sauce lives in a fantasy world along with Trump, Greene, etc.  I'm sure he'll be busy in the next few weeks joining the new Patriot Party that Trump and his supporters are starting.  Wait till enough GOPs join the new party, split the Republican Party, and it's all Democrats all the time for the next 20+ years, lol.

Yes, ME163, when I was in my teens and early 20's, my mother told me how things were during WW2.  She always told me how afraid she was that once she and her generation died off, and no one who experienced WW2 was around, that people would forget, and it would happen all over again.  During the goings-on down in the Capitol, she said, "See, it's happening, just like WW2."  People can minimize, make false equivalences to other events, the truth is the truth.  Someday, they'll learn...

Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 2:06pm

The biggest hypocrisy here is the gutless senators saying 

Let's move on nothing to see here......

NO ITS NOT ALRIGHT.......

It's not the news cycle moving on moving on 

The disgusting act the world watched must be addressed ,the wound must be squeezed of all the POISON......

because if it's not it's just going to FESTER.....

call it for what it is 

A egotistical maniac stiring up hatreds that have have festered ,and festered.....

Wonders what Jesus looking down on all of  this thinks, I say yo the Muslim man I work with......

Don't know why you pray 5 times ,God left this mess a long long time ago looked back and said......

Must do better next time I make a world for ALL INHABITANTS........

I might add I'm an  atheist and don't believe in a God.....

The Muslim and the 7th day Adventist I also work with say I'm more Christian than the Christians.....

Look to the book of Enoch for answer's

Take care all 😷😉








Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 5:38pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

We're wasting our time, Carbon.  


Yeah... I'm not quite sure why people are feeding this...

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 11:23am

Can't speak for Carbon, Witchy, but I address things that I think are most wrong or that I most vehemently disagree with, regardless of who posts them because I always worry that there is some lurker on here who may not know that there is more than one side to these matters.  I saw this documentary a month ago or so called The Brainwashing Of My Dad (highly recommend) and I saw how the right wing operates.  I don't think they should get to air their untruths unopposed.  And I never could keep my big mouth shut, lol.  So my concern is not Steak Sauce, it's that poor silent schmo.

Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 6:24am

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

Can't speak for Carbon, Witchy, but I address things that I think are most wrong or that I most vehemently disagree with, regardless of who posts them because I always worry that there is some lurker on here who may not know that there is more than one side to these matters.  I saw this documentary a month ago or so called The Brainwashing Of My Dad (highly recommend) and I saw how the right wing operates.  I don't think they should get to air their untruths unopposed.  And I never could keep my big mouth shut, lol.  So my concern is not Steak Sauce, it's that poor silent schmo.

Ditto.  I hate arguing, but feel that AI leaves me with the choice of either doing so, or allowing him the opportunity to peddle untruths, or worse half truths and dodgy statistics, that might start the slide down the extremist rabbit-hole for some other unsuspecting soul.  

Once down there, coming back is harder.  I know one person in that dangerous warren, and their spells in our local loony-bin are testiment to where it can lead.  That dreadful result also seems to be one of the less awful outcomes.  Q anon, The Proud Boys, our BNP and the far worse Nazis and Faschisti are the even less desirable ones. 

I don't ever want to see another tree with 'strange fruit' on it, another attack on democracy or another world war.  Left unapposed, that is where such rhetoric leads.


First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out— because I was not a trade unionists.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

                                                                                                                                           

                                                                                                               Martin Niemöller


AND HE WAS RIGHT!

                                                                         

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

One of the things  I remember is the  capitol being assaulted. I was in the nursing home TV room. I heard a voice from behind me say, that's how it was done in Germany.   i turned around and saw one of  the oldest residents of the nursing home, " Herman " was a young man during the war.  He was upset that they attacked the US capitol .  He was very emotional about it.  So, these people are not idiots, just neo nazis .   Herman pulled out his reference books and we talked about the scene unfolding behind us....    I have a vested interest in being opposed to nazis and their types.   Before the ovens were used n the camps, before the gas chambers were used against jewish or polish people, they were used against disabled germans.   

I don'tknow if AI can't see the connection, or even worse does not care, or worse still to horriffic degrees wants that outcome.  But he helps drive the move towards it.

So I have to speak up.  Sorry, Witchy!  You are so very right.  This is someone who loves to argue, absolutely must have the last word and who is utterly convinced he is right.  I am never going to win this argument; you can't break down a brick wall with arguments, however valid or impassioned.  I know that all too well.  Ai is even a mysogenist IMHO - as he prefers those of us known to be female to argue with - on the whole.  He is a true warren-dweller, less open to change than my loony friend.*   But sometimes my conscience demands that I fight with the brick wall, even if all I get is a headache (and bloody knuckles, maybe even a pugilist's break or concussion).  

I sleep well, I wish that to continue.






*Who seems to be making progress by the way - he actually called me: "Right Wing" yesterday.  



Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: September 16 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 2597
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 6:44am

The term Idiot itself is under attack... Steak sauce aside. Now, let's talk about solutions to our problems. We are dealing with a mutant virus.  i have been thru it's grip.. Dr. John Campbell , youtube expert has found a very good study on Vitamin D.. Vitamin D reduces the chances of getting Covid by 34 percent.   Habitual use of Vitamin D of amounts of 2000 IU ( 50 Mcg ) per day will do the trick.  

Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 7:18am

Good call, ME!

Back to Top
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: May 29 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 19465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Ditto.  I hate arguing, but feel that AI leaves me with the choice of either doing so, or allowing him the opportunity to peddle untruths, or worse half truths and dodgy statistics, that might start the slide down the extremist rabbit-hole for some other unsuspecting soul.  

Once down there, coming back is harder.  I know one person in that dangerous warren, and their spells in our local loony-bin are testiment to where it can lead.  That dreadful result also seems to be one of the less awful outcomes.  Q anon, The Proud Boys, our BNP and the far worse Nazis and Faschisti are the even less desirable ones. 

[/QUOTE]

I know someone who has gone down that rabbit hole. I went to see a therapist who ranted at me about conspiracy theories for the full hour and a half. I offered her every platitude going and said absolutely nothing to encourage her but she knew she had a captive audience and prattled on and on. It was actually unnerving. It gave me an uninterrupted insight into the mind of a paranoid, marginalized, emotionally impoverished individual and what I saw was scary and disturbing. Needless to say I didn't go back for a follow up appointment.

You can't fix stupid.
Back to Top
carbon20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: April 08 2006
Location: West Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 55021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 1:20pm

Whilst men are linked together, they easily and speedily communicate the alarm of any evil design. They are enabled to fathom it with common counsel, and to oppose it with united strength. Whereas, when they lie dispersed, without concert, order, or discipline, communication is uncertain, counsel difficult, and resistance impracticable. Where men are not acquainted with each other’s principles, nor experienced in each other’s talents, nor at all practised in their mutual habitudes and dispositions by joint efforts in business; no personal confidence, no friendship, no common interest, subsisting among them; it is evidently impossible that they can act a public part with uniformity, perseverance, or efficacy. In a connection, the most inconsiderable man, by adding to the weight of the whole, has his value, and his use; out of it, the greatest talents are wholly unserviceable to the public. No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours, are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

–Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents 82-83 (1770) in: Select Works of Edmund Burke, vol. 1, p. 146 (Liberty Fund ed. 1999).

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Back to Top
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: January 20 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 15465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 6:23pm

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

The term Idiot itself is under attack... Steak sauce aside. Now, let's talk about solutions to our problems. We are dealing with a mutant virus.  i have been thru it's grip.. Dr. John Campbell , youtube expert has found a very good study on Vitamin D.. Vitamin D reduces the chances of getting Covid by 34 percent.   Habitual use of Vitamin D of amounts of 2000 IU ( 50 Mcg ) per day will do the trick.  


I knew that Vitamin D helped, but reducing the chances by 34% is pretty significant.  Glad I take 2000IU every day.  Been doing it for years now. Thanks for this ME.

Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 7:07pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

Can't speak for Carbon, Witchy, but I address things that I think are most wrong or that I most vehemently disagree with, regardless of who posts them because I always worry that there is some lurker on here who may not know that there is more than one side to these matters.  I saw this documentary a month ago or so called The Brainwashing Of My Dad (highly recommend) and I saw how the right wing operates.  I don't think they should get to air their untruths unopposed.  And I never could keep my big mouth shut, lol.  So my concern is not Steak Sauce, it's that poor silent schmo.

Ditto.  I hate arguing, but feel that AI leaves me with the choice of either doing so, or allowing him the opportunity to peddle untruths, or worse half truths and dodgy statistics, that might start the slide down the extremist rabbit-hole for some other unsuspecting soul.  




I wasn't peddling anything I didn't make the woo woo claims, kiwi did. But go ahead and show me were there are "half truths and dodgy statistics" in my replies to her claims. Oh that's right you don't have time to actually find facts(excuse when there are none to back your claims). I provided the link to the number of deaths attributed to the riots this summer from a non partisian source, a highly reputable fact based source that tracks just such events. You provide a rebuttal from a newspaper LOL (nice source) 

 Dizzyqueen provided the links to the number of weapons found at the Capitol right. Simple math showed your false assumption that it was an "armed mob". And if the acts of a very few are to be cast upon the many as you assert concerning the DC event, then your repeated position that the acts of the rioting mobs this summer are not to be cast upon the many is in direct conflict with your position on that.  Whoops LOL

Federal law and actual facts showed the claimed assertion of the use of the military by Trump to "crush the protesters"  was clearly false as it was state governors, mainly democrat governors who called out the NG on rioting protesters this summer.

So since facts don't back your liberal woo woo false narrative, you resort to name calling and character assassination. PATHETIC attempt to attack the messenger since you can't dispute the facts. Very weak move, but not entirely out of character for you or exactly unexpected. 

But interestingly enough you claim to be against half truths or outright false claims, and yet YOU BACK THEM from the kiwi . And they are clearly shown to be false narratives. Facts don't care about your feelings and you are clearly butthurt about being wrong and without fact and shown for what you are.  Just another delusional liberal.



Barn With Dr. Pierce's Favorite Prescription Advertisement - Lewis County - Washington - May ...

You and the girls should share a bottle of Dr Pierces favorite prescription.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 7:41pm

I couldn't resist after all according to you I'm a misogynist.         

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: September 16 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 2597
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 8:20am

Nah, your'e just a bottle of brown stuff.  


Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 8:35am

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, ME, calling him Steak Sauce. Maybe more like a champagne fountain, spewing foam and not much else...

No, you're right.  Bottle of brown stuff.

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 85765
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 10:37am

Steak Sauce,  SS. says it all really.

Believers don't need proof and sceptics won't accept proof.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 5:44pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Steak Sauce,  SS. says it all really.

 Is that a fact? Oh that's right you don't do fact's LOL

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 9:13am


mob noun

\ ˈmäb  \

Definition of mob (Entry 1 of 2)

1: a large and disorderly crowd of people

especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action

2informal : a large number of people

a mob of shoppers clogged the aisles

a team greeted by mobs of fans

3: a criminal set : GANG

especially, often capitalized : MAFIA sense 1

a member of the Mob

a mob informant

4old-fashioned : the common people : MASSES

5chiefly Australia : a flock, drove, or herd of animals

mob verb

mobbed; mobbing

Definition of mob (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb


1: to crowd about and attack or annoy

mobbed by autograph hunters

a crow mobbed by songbirds

2: to crowd into or around

customers mob the stores on sale days


Other Words from mob

Noun


mobbish \ ˈmä-bish  \ adjective

Synonyms for mob

Synonyms: Noun


army, bike [chiefly Scottish], cram, crowd, crush, drove, flock, herd, horde, host, legion, mass, multitude, press, rout, scrum, swarm, throng

Synonyms: Verb


crowd, flock, swarm, throng

Visit the Thesaurus for More 

Choose the Right Synonym for mob

Noun


CROWD, THRONG, HORDE, CRUSH, MOB mean an assembled multitude. CROWD implies a close gathering and pressing together.  a crowd gathered  THRONG and HORDE suggest movement and pushing.  a throng of reporters   a horde of shoppers  CRUSH emphasizes the compactness of the group, the difficulty of individual movement, and the attendant discomfort.  a crush of fans  MOB implies a disorderly crowd with the potential for violence.  an angry mob


Examples of mob in a Sentence

Noun

 The angry mob smashed store windows and attacked people on the streets.

 The police had to be called in to handle the growing mob.

So, used in this sense, the destructive mob at the Capitol would be used to distinguish from the ruly crowd or throng present at the Capitol.

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
Back to Top
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2013
Location: Verona, PA
Status: Offline
Points: 9610
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 9:21am


armed adjective (1)


\ ˈärmd  \

Definition of armed (Entry 1 of 2)

1a: furnished with weapons

an armed guard

also : using or involving a weapon

b: furnished with something that provides security, strength, or efficacy

armed with knowledge

2: marked by the maintenance of armed forces in readiness

armed adjective (2)

Definition of armed (Entry 2 of 2)

: having an arm or arms especially of a specified kind or number —usually used in combination

long-armed

two-armed

First Known Use of armed

Adjective (1)


14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1a


Adjective (2)


1500, in the meaning defined above


History and Etymology for armed

Adjective (1)


Middle English, from past participle of armen "to ARM entry 2"


Keep scrolling for more



More Definitions for armed

armed adjective

\ ˈärmd  \

Kids Definition of armed (Entry 1 of 2)

1: carrying weapons

armed bandits

2: involving the use of weapons

an armed robbery

armed adjective

Kids Definition of armed (Entry 2 of 2)

: having arms of a specified kind or number

hairy-armed

one-armed

armed adjective

\ ˈärmd  \

Medical Definition of armed

1: having an arm or arms especially of a specified kind or number —usually used in combination

long-armed

two-armed

2: having a spiny rostellum

a tapeworm armed with numerous hammer-shaped hooks

armed adjective

\ ˈärmd  \

Legal Definition of armed

1: having a weapon

an armed assailant

2: involving the use of a weapon

an armed attack

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 2:21pm

Meh you better get another bottle of Dr Pierces favorite prescription, on second thought better make it two Visqueen.

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: January 21 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 8850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:



So, used in this sense, the destructive mob at the Capitol would be used to distinguish from the ruly crowd or throng present at the Capitol.

Sure you could and then you could use the same sense and definitions to call the BLM riotous protest mobs this summer criminal and violent as well as armed. But according to you that's totally different LOL. Logic much or not at all? That's rhetorical. Clearly you are not logical. Way to tear down your own position though. Drink another bottle  

“Facts don't care about your feelings.”
― Ben Shapiro
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down